I Promise (Christmas Special)

(A/N: Listen, before you get pissed off guys, I just want to clarify that I think promise rings are perfect for showing your deep love for someone until you feel comfortable to propose later on. That's why I had to put that in My Heart Will Go On and in this book. Anyway, enjoy the chapter!)

~With Finley; December 23rd~

I had Io go spend time with her friends as Kevin and I went to a jewelry store for her Christmas gift. And since I'm not ready for asking the question, I want to give her something that will set up a future marriage: a promise ring.

When we got to the store, it was beautiful on the inside. There were rings everywhere as I was in awe.

Seller: Hello. Can I help you?

Me: Um, yes, do you have a section of promise rings?

Seller: As a matter of fact, we do. Can you come this way?

We were walked over to a section of promise rings that were beautiful, but one caught my eye. It had a heart on either side of the diamond in the middle, and had a part of pink on the hearts with more diamonds on the side. It was gorgeous and that was what I wanted to get for my love.

Me: Kevin?

KO: Yeah, man?

Me: I found the ring.

KO: You have? Where is it?

Me: Right here.

I showed him and the seller the ring and he knew what a beautiful ring it was.

KO: That looks beautiful, man

KO: That looks beautiful, man. You sure you wanna get it?

Me: You think, mate? I love Io and this is showing my love to her.

KO: Well you do you, man.

Me: Sir?

Seller: Yes?

Me: I found the ring. I wanna buy it now.

Seller: Delightful! Let me grab it and we'll be all set.

He grabbed the ring, put in a small black box, and into a bag.

Seller: Your total will be $1,547.89.

Me: Okay.

I paid the bloke and went home to wrap the box in Christmas wrapping paper. I'm not very good at wrapping a gift, but this is for my lass, Io Shirai and there's nothing I can do to change that.

When Io got home, I hid the ring behind the nightstand and faked myself taking a nap.

Io: What a cutie.

She laid down next to me, wrapped her arm around, and kissed my cheek as we slept.

~With Finley; Christmas Eve~

I invited Danny, Ridge, Kevin and his family over to our house for a Christmas Eve party and have a good time. I cooked sausage rolls like always with a Beef Wellington as an option. For Kevin's kids, I did basic Mac and cheese and hamburgers and hotdogs for them.

And kind of surprisingly, the kids actually wanted to try the sausage rolls and wellingtons! I didn't think they'd want to try them.

Io and I were holding hands and taking a look around as I had a whiskey on the rocks and she had a cocktail.

Io: Well, Finley, our party is fantastic so far. You did a great job being a host.

Me: Thank you, my love.

I kissed her cheek and she blushed hard.

Io: You got to have a present for me tomorrow.

Me: Actually, I'm planning on giving it to you tonight. Io, I love you so much. I can't believe that in four months time we've been together, it's amazing. I want to give you this now because I had it in my pocket this whole time, and I can't wait anymore.

I didn't go down on one knee because this is a promise ring, not an engagement ring. I want to make sure Io has the best Christmas present that she'll remember for a very long time.

When I gave her the box, she was tearing up. She opened the present and saw the ring. She had her hand over her mouth as I was tearing up a bit too.

Io: Finley. Is this- is this?

Me: Yes. It's a ring, but it's more than that, it's a promise ring. Io, I promise to love you no matter what and I promise not to give you away. You helped me with my social skills and I thank you so much. Io Shirai, will you accept?

Io was crying silently, and she looked cute while crying and I had to hug her to calm her down as I reached for my handkerchief and help her wipe the tears off her face.

Io: Hai. I will accept because I love you too, Finley.

We kissed in a passionate kiss until they saw us. Ridge and Danny were awwing at us and Kevin and his wife were smiling as their kids covered their eyes!

I put the ring on her finger and they were surprised by how beautiful it was.

KO's Wife: Wow, that's a beautiful ring!

Ridge: Gorgeous ring, lass.

Danny: I second that.

Kevin winked at me to let me know that our plan to get Io a promise ring worked to perfection.

~8:12 PM~

After everyone left, we sat on the couch, looking into each other's eyes. We smash our lips onto one another and got into a hardcore makeout session.

Then, we fell and landed right under our Christmas tree. It was perfect. It was getting intense already as Io started giving me a taste of my own medicine by nibbling on my neck and wrapping her tongue around mine. I took off my shirt and she took off hers, revealing the red bra that she wore the night of that striptease dance she did.

She removed her jeans, still connected to my lips as I helped her with that. I was loving every moment of it and I bet she was too.

~1 Hour later~

Christmas sex is probably best done under the tree. And my God, she lights it up every time we make love.

We were laying in each other's arms as the fireplace kept going until it died down.

Merry Christmas, my Genius of The Sky.