[1.1]

𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞: 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭: 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

______________________

*Genevieve*

"When are you coming back again? Two days?" I ask, turning around and continuing to pace around my room, my phone pressed firmly against my ear.

"Two days," Theo assured, his voice cracking slightly through the phone, I sighed and nodded my head, trying to lessen my worry about his absence. His seemingly last-minute trip to Denali had left me stressed and in a constant state of worry about both him and the Denali's. As happy as I was for him to see them again, having him so away from me only made me worry.

Biting my lip, I looked around the room, my eyes pausing on the many paintings that were clustered in small piles. Many of them leaned onto the easel that was splatted in different colors and types of paints. Mason jars filled with varying types of brushes sitting next to them paint still encrusted onto their handles from their continuous use.

After talking for a few more minutes, I unhappily hung up the call and put my phone down before laying back against my bed, still somewhat confused as to why we had it. I mean, it's not like I'm going to use it. After a few minutes of peace, a very excited Alice knocked on the doorframe, popping her head in a giving me a beaming smile. "Genevieve! Get ready for school! It's going to be a great day! I can already tell!"

I give her a small smile which is quickly overtaken by a look of confusion flashing across my face as she sends me a wink before fluttering away, most likely to tell Rosalie the same thing.

Sighing, I shake my head and get up, walking into my closet and quickly getting dressed, putting on a pair of jeans and adding a gray sweater, going along with the colder weather of Forks. Slipping on a pair of black suede-heeled boots, adding a black belt, as well as a small pair of diamond studs that Theo had gotten me decades ago. Finishing it off with a gold necklace that had three matching gold pendants on it, one with the Cullen crest etched onto it, another with the Denali crest, and the final one having Nicolas and I's crest. Walking back out of the closet a few minutes later I made my way over to the mirror, quickly looking myself over, fixing my belt, and fiddling with my necklace for a moment.

"Genevieve, are you ready?" Rosalie asked, popping her head in. I whipped my head around and nodded, grabbing my bag and quickly making my way down to the garage, Rose following close behind me.

"What's with Alice's extra perkiness?" I look over at Rose and watch as she lets out an irritated sigh.

"Some girl or something," she explained, rolling her eyes in the process. I chuckle as the two of us continue to make our way to the garage, a comfortable silence falling onto us both.

Over the past years, we had all gotten closer, allowing me to easily call them my extended family, my cousins. Knowing that the Denali's would always be my family, holding a special place in my heart. Rose and I had quickly become close, reminding me of my friendship with Eléonore, making my unbeating heart warm at the thought. Esme and Carlisle quickly took the spots of the parental figures, which was something that I hadn't had for almost 300 years. Emmett, Jasper, Edward, and Alice all became like siblings to me and Theo.

"Okay, now that we're all here," Alice said, sending me a playful glare, her voice snapping me out of my thoughts. "Jazz and I will go with Rose and Emmett. Edward will go in the Volvo, and Genevieve will go in her Mercedes?"

I nodded my head and quickly hopped into my white Mercedes, happily looking at the new, updated interior that Rose had fixed up for me, not that it needed it.

Rolling my eyes, I didn't bother turning my head as I listened to Edward start up his Volvo and speed out of the garage. Flicking my eyes to my left, I smiled as I saw everyone else piling into Rose's cherry red convertible, which, sadly, had the top on due to the rainy weather that Alice said was on its way into the town.

______________________

Pulling into the school's parking lot, I expertly pulled into my parking spot, noticing that Edward had already pulled into the spot on my left, Rose quickly taking the spot on my right. As if on cue, we all stepped out of our cars at the same time, the normal chatter quickly quieting as everyone looked over at our impressive collection of cars, all of which stood out in the sea of much older cars. 

"I think they're all admiring your handiwork, Rose," I tease, stepping next to her and giving her a smirk. The awe of our arrival quickly dissipated as whispers of a new girl starting today began to sweep across the parking lot.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes, a smile coming across her face nonetheless. Both of us stayed silent as we looked around at the small groups of people that were still lingering outside, all of them hoping to stay outside of the school for as long as possible.

"Is it weird, not having Theo here?" Rose turned her head slightly as she looked over at me, curious as to what I was feeling. I bit the inside of my lip as I barely nodded my head.

"Definitely feels strange."

She nodded her head understandingly as we all started to make our way toward the boring red brick building.

______________________

As we all stepped into the main hallway, we all immediately began to split off, Alice and I going to our art class. I quickly muttered my goodbyes before briskly making my way down the hall, cursing under my breath the entire way there.

I quickly popped in an earbud and sat down at the easel, not bothering to listen to the teacher ramble on about the importance of the color wheel for the thousandth time this year.

I quickly scanned the brushes that I had picked up and picked one up, analyzing it before dipping it in the water, carefully dabbing the excess off before dipping it in the watercolors, bore carefully began to continue my painting from yesterday's class.

_______

-T