Prologue

Dave East

Miami, Florida

"I gotta go to the studio, but meet here same time tomorrow fo' I go back home" I grab my pants putting them on while searching for my shirt

I'm a very needy man, it's never just been one woman in my life but most of the ladies accept that because they know I'll pull up when they need me.

"Okay papii." She says rolling back over to go to sleep. Simple, now I gotta make it home so Mahogany won't cuss me out. I thought.

I pick up my shirt from the side of the bed & grab my keys heading out the door. When I make it to the car, I throw on my clothes and pull out the parking lot.

Driving 110 in a 60, my gas light turns on, I sigh. I make a U turn and pull in to this Chervon gas station.

I hop out the car and press the lock button twice before I enter the gas station.

"Can I get $50 on Pump 7." I pass dude at the register a 50.

When I was walking out,  shorty was walking in. I could smell her fresh perfume as she brushed up against me a lil. She avoided making eye contact with me and made her way to the back of the store.

~
"Why the fuck this shit not working." I squeezed the gas pump twice more. I don't know what homie got going on inside but he need to come fix this cheap ass pump.

"Would you like my help?" The woman from earlier asks. I didn't even notice her car was parked right infront of mine. 2018 red Honda Accord.

"If you can squeeze any harder than me then fasho help a nigga out." She laughs a little while I step a side and let her do her thang.

"You didn't even press what kind of gas you wanted." She laughs covering her face. She presses the first button and squeezes the pump.

"So tell me your name Mr. I don't know how to pump gas." She mocks me.

"David but most my friends call me Dave." I put my hand out and look her in her eyes.

"Diamontè and most of my friends call me Montè but I wasn't aware I was becoming your friend." Ouuuu I love me a fiesty woman. She puts the pump away and grabs germ x out her purse applying it to her hands before shaking my hand.

"Baby steps, I mean you did just pump my gas for me. I don't have people do that shit on the daily either the tank is full or my driver will handle it for me." I say flexing a little.

"Well, that sounds sad David maybe you should try to invest in new friends that'll tell you how to stop depending on others just cause you can." She looks at me once more. "But, it was nice meeting you, you have a good night."

She walks off to her car leaving me in my thoughts. When I see her again I definitely gotta try a different approach and I'm fasho going to see her again. I pick up her phone she left setting on my car and head to the hotel.

***

1:53am

"What took you so long, you been at the studio all night." Mahogany asks soon as I make it to our hotel room. I roll my eyes sitting on the edge of the bed taking off my shoes.

"I had a long day please don't start that tripping shit." I say raising my voice a lil bit. Mahogany is one complicated shorty to deal with. Well, our situation that she put me in is complicated.

She and I been fucking around for almost 4 months now nothing was never really exclusive, but it started off as a Mariah and Nick relationship, everything was for the fame, except the sex which is how she ended up getting pregnant. But she isn't too sure on what she wants to do after that baby is born so I allowed her to come stay with me untill the baby is born cause that is my seed and I wouldn't want him to be around anybody but me when he's brought into this world, no matter what.

"How am I trippin, you've been gone all day. It's boring in this hotel room, there's never nothing to do." She rambles. I sigh taking off my shirt, getting ready to hop in the shower.

"I will take you out tomorrow igh. Just be patient with me shorty." With that I walk to the bathroom and turn on the speaker to my man Nipsey.
*
*
*

Mahogany

Mahogany