One

Diamonté

"Girl D I'm still stuck on how you lost your phone

"Girl D I'm still stuck on how you lost your phone." My homegirl Jaz says as we walk to our cars from class. I shake my head getting irritated all over again. I'm on my last month of senior year in college, I attend USC.

"I don't even know where I could've left it or anything like I really don't know."I say walking up to my car.

I guess I'll just have to buy a new phone when I get paid Saturday. I've been working at this clothing store in the mall since my sophomore year after my mom passed. Everything got hard keeping up with tuition and everything.

"Oh and before I even forget." She stops before getting in her car.

"We're going out tonight, Chris and Laylon are having a end of the year party. Wear a USC shirt and we're all supposed to meet at the Regina Hall." I nod unlocking my car with my key.

"Be safe girl."I roll my window down and say before speeding out the parking lot.

***

"Excuse me miss, can you help me get this top down from off one of the racks." A customer asks me.

I walk from behind the register and follow her. I'm trying to hurry up and get my last two customers out the store because I got somewhere to be in an hour.

"Size?" I ask grabbing the hanger hooker.

"Large." I get down a large top and hand it to her, setting the hanger hooker back on the rack.

"This baby is growing pretty fast." She says lifting up her shirt to show me her bump.

"Oh my goodness, do you know what you're having?" I ask.

I've always wanted children, just talking about it does something to my ovaries. But of course I'm going to wait till I finish school and actually get my shit together.

"A boy, I'm thinking about naming him Dave after his father." I stopped and looked at her for a second. For some reason I remember her face from somewhere but I don't know where.

"That's a very cute name, why don't you let me check you out tho." I say.

We both walk back to the register."You almost ready?" I hear a familiar voice say to the customer while I scan her items. I look up to see Dave, handsome face from the gas station. He looks at me making complete eye contact as if he didn't already make me nervous enough.

"Receipts in the bag ma'am, you two have a good night." I say interrupting her before she could say anything back to Dave. He must be the father of her child, since she said she was naming the baby after him anyways.