Thirty Two

I tried something new with this chapter hope y'all like it...

Dave

2 months ago...

"Babe be still." Monté says combining out my hair from the roots. Haven the girl who normally braids my hair called in sick so Monté offered to braid my hair, my baby.

"It's crazy I'm really going to be doing you and Kairi's hair." She says laughing. I smile thinking about our future now that our daughter will be here soon.

"I'm shaving my hair when see's born that's the day I officially become a father so I want to look like one I just want to start over fresh." I explain leaning back in between her legs resting my forearms on her knees as she parts my hair.

"I think that's cute babe, Kairi got her a good daddy and I'm glad you're trying for her." She says kissing my cheek before going back to combing out my hair.

"I'm trying for both of y'all, For Kairi because I wanna be the daddy she can talk to about anything and know I got her back. For you because you never had that father figure and I know you want that for our baby girl so it's really for both of y'all."

"And I have no doubt in my mind that you're telling the truth." She says braiding my hair from the scalp gently.

Present Day

I open my eyes weakly hearing the monitor beep next to me. I look around to see Smoke sitting in the chair next to me, assuming he's waiting for me to wake up .

"S...Smokee." I say softly turning my head to him. He raises his head from his hands sitting up in his seat.

"Ayee man wassup, I thought we was gonna lose you back there cuz..how you feeling?" He asks.

I sigh looking down at where I was shot at. "I'm sore as fuck but I'll be igh. Where is Monté? Is she okay?" I ask sitting up a little bit.

He grabs my pillow propping it up for me. "She's good...Well her and baby Kairi are good." He begans to say causing my heart to sink in my chest.

"She had Kairi.....damnn my baby went through that shit alone...FUCKK MANN!....I was supposed to be there for her." I cover my eyes with my hands in deep thought.

"She's good though bro, Jaz is with her and Kairi," I nod my head feeling only a little bit better that atleast she had some support.

"Why do I feel so weak bro." I complain cover my face with my arm.

"You lost a lot of blood man...when I found you and Shoota at the club it was damn near too late for both of y'all...I didn't know which one to save first so I called 911 and they came as quick as they could. They still waiting on Shoota to wake up, you gon pull through tho." He says rising out his chair. He gets up and kneels down grabbing a nike backpack.

"I know you wanna see your daughter..Doc said take it easy but once you get dressed I can walk you over there." He says setting the bag on the bed.

"Preciate you cuh, I gotchu homie fasho." I promise doing our handshake. I slowly rise of the bed turning on my good side so I can get out the bed.

I grab my bag and close the back of the hospital gown walking slowly to the bathroom. This pain damn sho ain't going to go away over night, I thought to myself as I attempted to put on my clothes the normal way.