Thirty One

Part 1

Monté

"Come on Monté push." Jazz says holding Monté's leg back.

"Ah fuck," She screams out in pain feeling her baby slide further down.

"One big push Ms. Harper we have your baby's head."  The doctor encourages her.

Monté pushes hard one last time feeling a weight escape from her womb. Hearing the cries of her baby caused her emotions to consume her.

"Baby Kairi has arrived the fuck is they saying." Jazz says wiping tears from her eyes.

"Is the father present to cut the cord?" The doctor asks the nurse looking towards tbe door.

"He is on the way to surgery now."

Monté looks at the doctor feeling al her energy slowly drift from her body. "What do you mean surgery?" She asks breath heavy.

"Someone better tell me what the fuck is going on now."

2 hours earlier...

"Okay Ms.Harper your vitals seem fine you're almost 6 cm dilated so we're going to come back and check on you in a bit.." The nurse says standing at the door. I nod my head before she walks out.

"Have y'all talked to Dave?" I ask Jazz and Smoke as they sit in the waiting chairs. Smoke continues to shake his leg looking at Jazz.

"No we haven't talked to him yet Monté but--"

"So what your telling me is I'm finna have my baby by myself without her daddy here to witness her birth?! That's what y'all are saying?" I shake my head getting frustrated. This is not how we was supposed to bring our baby girl into this world, not at all.

"Look Mo, I'm finna go ride back up there and check everything out...keep baby K in there till I come back." Smoke says rising out his chair. I nod my head feeling a little bit of relief. He walks out the door leaving me and Jazz stuck in our thoughts.

"I know I just met dude but I hope Shoota okay too cause he ran back in there for that bitch it's her fault why we in this shit man." Jazz vents getting stirred up. Her light skin was turning a light pink.

"Bitch you calm down and help me calm down because another contraction is coming!" I say sternly grabbing her hand.

*

Dave

I observe the scene walking slowly through the club, this gotta be the worst tour a nigga ever had ian neva had nobody shoot up the venue.

"Davee..." I hear a familiar voice behind me. I turn around to see Aubrey laying in a puddle of blood but it wasn't come from her body.

"Aubrey what the fuck happened?" I run over to see Shoota laid on the ground blood pouring from his side. She cried hysterically trying to explain to me what happened but honestly my body was numb I blocked her out.

"Aubreyy..." I began to say but she continues to ramble choking on her words.

"AUBREY CALM DOWN!" I yell holding her arms down looking her in her eyes. "Calm down and tell me what happened," She looks at me and take a deep breath.

"Okay so I was walking from the restroom and shots broke out and Shoota had came and found me and I didn't see them...I didn't see who it was but they shot him Dave and I-" I look down at Shoota lays on the floor fighting for his life. I took off my shirt holding it over the wound.