Fifteen

Monté

"But Mommy I can't swim."

"It's okay baby, jump in the water."

"Mommy I can't." I sobbed as I stood on the edge of the pool.

"Do you trust me?" She asks looking up at me.

"What does that mean?"

"Do you trust that If you jump I will catch you? Do you trust that mommy will never hurt you?"

"Yes."

"Then jump baby."

*Splash*

Present Day

1 month later...

"Damn baby you tired?" Dave asks snapping in my face. I scope my surroundings, I must've fell asleep standing up. We've been in the studio all night and I'm exhausted. I've been promoting clubs every night this week, today and tomorrow are my only off days.

"I'm a little sleepy, I think I'm finna just lay on the couch." I say sluggish.

"Nah come on sit on daddy lap. We almost done with this last song on my album, once we done with this we can go home." He says leaning back in his chair so I can sit on his lap.

I sit on his lap laying my head back on his chest. He rubs soft circles on my thighs while the producers edit the song.  "Did you have a bad dream when you was sleeping just now?" Dave whispers in my ear.

"No...why?" I say slowly feeling my heart race.

"Nothing baby you was just breathing heavy dats all." He says kissing my cheeks.

Lately I've been dreaming of my mom, damn near everynight except for when Dave sleeps over.

"So what's this new album about?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"You'll see when it drops in a few days." He says. I roll my eyes and fold my arms giving him attitude.

"Can you let me surprise you for once please?" He asks.

"I guess," I mumble with a staight face. He chuckles holding me tighter.

"You is a big ass baby." I yawn and nod my head slowly dozing off again.

*

"Mommy look I'm just like you were when you was finna have me right." Says little monté walking around with a pillow underneath her shirt. She walks in her mom's room to see her sniffing a white substance up her nose.

"Mommy what's that?"

"GET OUT  DIAMONTE NOW!" She yells. Little monté runs out the room closing the door behind her. She walks in her room and sits in the corner.

"Daddy why'd you have to leave me with her?!" She asks out loud even though no one could hear her.

I wake up feeling Dave shake me out my sleep. I look him in his eyes and bust out crying holding him tight.

"It's okay baby. I gotchu." He says rocking me slowly back to sleep.

*

Dave

Later that night...

"Ion like seeing her like this ma. She cries in her sleep all the time now, I don't even want her staying in this apartment no more." I confess to my mom.

"Have you talked to her about the dreams she has been having?"

"Nah, I don't want to see her cry her eyes out ma, that breaks me down too much because it's nothing I can do to make it better."

"I understand baby, and If you feel like she'll sleep better with you then ask her to stay with you for a few days."

"Yeah igh thank you ma, I'm gon call you back I'm about to fix her some bath water and stuff."

I had to call my ma, Monté been crying all night long in her sleep and when I wake her up she just holds on to me until I put her back to sleep. I don't know what it is but this shit just started like this at first it was little toss and turns but now she's bawling her eyes out.

I walk in the bathroom and turn the water on hot just like Monté like it and add bubbles and some soothing salt.

"Baby wake up, we finna go to my crib for a few days." I say softly shaking her. Her eyes slowly open she rubs her puffy eyes.

"What's the matter?" She ask sniffing.

"You miserable in ya sleep baby and I know you are so whatever I gotta do to get you to sleep peacefully I'm going to do it, so we finna go stay at my crib for a few days and see if it helps you sleep." I say watching her stretch.

"I keep having dreams of my mom Dave..." She finally confesses causing her eyes tear up.

"Dammn baby I'm sorry," I grab the back of her head while she cries on chest. I've never seen Monté cry so much. Somebody need to tell me what's wrong and how can I fix it.
*
*
*
*
*

I know it's short, this is just a filler for what is to come if you can take a hint, If not I'm working on chapters daily read more to find out.