Ten

Monté
Saturday Morning

Today is the beginning of my story and the ending of my mom's epilogue. All she ever wanted was for me to be a smart, independent woman with a degree. I did that and now that I've accomplished everything my mom wanted I can move on with my life.

I feel like this move to New York is going to help me better myself. I've really been going through alot in my life and I can finally be happy and god blessed me even more by giving me a fine ass man right by my side, holding my hand as we both climb to the top.

As I put my last box in my car, I looked back at Jaz and my cousins. Jaz is the person I'm probably going to miss the most, she really been my bestfriend since my mom died and I appreciate her too.

I close my trunk and dust off my hands before pulling them in to a group hug.

I have to be at the airport for 1, to drop off my car and board my flight. Dave paid for them to fly my car to the JFK airport so I can just pick it up from the vallet instead of going with my first mind and just driving to New York.

He had to leave the day after my party cause he had a meeting with his publicist. I was fine with him leaving because this is really me saying goodbye to my life in California and I needed to do it alone.

"Y'all don't forget to call me, I want to stay in touch." I say breaking the hug. They all nod.

"Girl I'm gonna miss you and so is Lola bear." She says holding up her teacup yorkie. Jaz loves that damn dog, she really treats her like a human.

"I'm gon miss you too Jazzy, Ima facetime you once I make it in." I say putting my purse on my arm.

"You know damn well Dave finna be all under you as soon as you touch down in his city." Maya says.

Sometimes I don't know if I should laugh at it or watch out for her. So I just do both.

"Right,well I think it's time for me to go." We say our goodbyes and I get my jeep and heading to the airport and the beginning of a new chapter in my life.

*

Dave
7:03

"Dave stop playing with me," Savanna says blushing

"I'm not playing witchu, but no Savanna on a serious not we gotta talk about sum." I say sliding over in my seat.

I know Monté gonna understand why I lied to her but it's not too much of a lie.

Savanna use to be my publicist but we started fucking around and she caught feelings and once you start mixing business with pleasure you cut from the team. So once I let her go as my publicist she still wanted to keep seeing me so we been doing it for a lil minute but now that I'm with Monté I gotta cut everything else off.