Five

Dave
2 days later...

"So Dave? I can call you Dave or--" The tv show host says, struggling to keep her focus

"So Dave? I can call you Dave or--" The tv show host says, struggling to keep her focus. She's one of most women that can't be professional around a man, can't have a wap and a dry ass wallet.

"You can call me Dave shorty." I say licking my lips, playing with her a little bit. She shifts sides in her seat.

"Ugh..okay...soo umm...Dave are you single? Special lady on your mind?" She asks. I instantly think of Diamonté, stay on my mind 24/7.

Monté told me she wasn't ready for me to take care of her, I respect that. She's a independent woman and she been doing shit on her own for a while but one way or another I'm gone take care of her and treat her right cause she deserves it. Even if we just friends.

"Nah I'm single right now, just focusing on my music na mean. I just released my album "Hate me Now" and it's surfacing now on the billboard charts."

"So why not have nobody to share that with? What would be the kind of woman you're willing to share that with? The kind of woman that can lock down Dave East." One thing I hate about going on tv shows they always try to get you vulnerable and make you air shit out for the fans.

"The kind of woman I'm willing to share this dream that I've worked my life for, struggled for, fought for. She gotta be a strong woman, a woman who can deal with all of me without checking what's in my wallet first. I den been with many women and I've only know 2 women like that."
———-
After the talk show, I drove to my moms crib to see what she was up to.

"Mama Love wassup witchu?" I say walking in the living room. She sat on the couch with her feet up watching 'Friday After Next'.

"Hey baby, I ain't been doing nothing just cleaning around this house." She says hugging me. I kiss her on the cheek then sit down next to her.

"I feel that, I was just on my way to Mahogany's doctors appointments and just had to check on you." She looks up from her phone rolling her eyes.

"I still can't believe you slept with that loose ass girl, I'm not one to talk about my grandbaby's mother but I don't trust that hoe." She says causing me to laugh. My ma don't trust no woman with my heart since my ex Keisha stole from me. I still remained solid so I don't even trip over that shit no more.

"It's not like I meant to but she's pregnant so i'm just gon thug it out for my son."

"That's all you can do, Ian raise you to be no deadbeat, you will be a good father to your son no matter what because me and ya pops was good parents to you no matter what we was going through."