Twenty Nine

Dave

"Everybody seemed to have really enjoyed themselves." Ma says washing the dishes from the baby shower. Monté went to take her a nap and I was helping ma clean up some these leftovers.

"Yeah they did, I'm just glad my baby had a good time and she enjoyed herself." I say eating a bite of my rice.

"That girl loves you David...I can see it in her eyes so it didn't matter what you got her or how this party went she would've been happy as long as you was here." Ma says. I smirk a little hoping she was right.

"But I'm gonna finish cleaning up so Monté don't have to worry about that...you go on and check on her and I'll lock the door on my way out." She adds continuing to clean up.

"Igh ma. Preciate it." I say kissing her check and giving her a hug. I throw my plate in the trash and head upstairs to our room.

I open the door to see Monté sleeping so peacefully, her body wrapped around her pregnancy pillow. She only uses that when I'm not around because If sleeping next to her she likes to cuddle up on me.

I take off my shirt and kick off my shoes and slide in the bed wrapping my arms around her body. She moves closer to my chest, I close my eyes listening to her light snores.

Next Morning...

"Babee." Monté shakes me out my sleep. My eyes open slowly I see Monté standing over me dressed and ready to go. Today is my first day of the tour in Miami and she promised she'll come to this one since it's going to feature my album I made about her.

"Hmm." I mumble laying my head back down. That party took alot of a nigga energy. "Get up...Smoke is outside in the car and it's a little windy outside." She says hitting me on the side of my head with a pillow across my face.

"Igh..." I say reaching up to rub her belly. That's the first thing I do in the morning is talk to my daughter and make sure she straight. I'm really happy to be a father, by the right person at that...I don't know if I would've felt the same way if any of them dna test would've came back positive. But I try to keep my past buried and focus on my future.

"I'm not playing with you Dave if I come back in here I'm throwing water on your ass." She threatens walking out the door.
————

"Got damn monté here man

"Got damn monté here man.." I say holding up my cheeseburger so she can take a bite. She takes a big ass bite and covers her mouth while chewing her food.

"We gotta head towards the gate ." Smoke says taking off his beats. I nod my head closing up my food. I help Monté out her seat since she can no longer get up as fast as she use to.

"Did you remember to pack me a pillow?" I ask her as we head towards the gate. She looks back at me and nods her head.

"Yes babe...and put some pep in your step. I'm the pregnant one not you." She says laughing at me. Smoke laughs right along with her, I'm glad they get along though not many females even get a conversation outta Smoke and if they do it's just goodbye or wassup.