Thirty Four

This chapter & the previous chapter is 7 years ago, before Dave and Monté met so no he's not cheating this is the younger Dave when he first surfaced in his rap career.

Dave
2:34pm

"I'm gonna kill her, She stole from me ma I can't let that shit rock out." I say aggressively. I sit in the living room with my ma and she called over my patnas and my cousin Londyn.

"Listen to me cuz, you calm down just tell us what we need to know about this sneaky lil bitch and me and Amber can handle it." Londyn says shaking her right leg.

My cousin Londyn and I stayed together for about 5 years after I got locked up and my mom made me leave Harlem, she's like my sister and behind me that girl is reckless. Amber is her bestfriend and my homie Teezy wife, they got married as soon as they turned 18 and we all still surprised they ain't divorced yet.

"No no nooo...y'all all need to handle this shit the smart way, this girl is a stripper that's probably her only source of income besides tricking. So the hoe only stole 12 bandz and a chain that's worth about 50 sooo therefore she could be anywhere so we gotta find a way to get to her cause ain't no way she got too far a flight is hard to find around this time of year so...do she got any family?" Buckhead explains.

"I asked around about her, her name is Keisha Porters she's 25, works at club phoenix where Dave met her last night,no kids,dad is deceased he died a year ago from drug overdose but it does say her mom does live a few blocks away in some apartments so we can go there...What girl you know won't give a fuck about her mom?" Amber questions closing her laptop. I put my head down rubbing my forehead. It's crazy I really gotta go through this shit when I need to be working on my music.

My mom comes behind me and massages my back. "You're going to be okay baby, we're going to find her and we're going to get your shit back by any means necessary and God as my witness I don't care what y'all have to do just make sure my son don't lay a finger on her. David Brewster I mean it you bet not put your hands on that girl, none of you men bet not." My ma says rubbing my back.

"Igh." We all say.

"Amber and Londyn y'all do what y'all gotta do because she is wrong for what she is doing but nobody deserves to die from this do y'all understand me?" She adds turning to them. They nod their head.

"Yes ma'am." Londyn says.

"Let's ride out." I say feeling my body go completely numb. I'm filled with so much rage I'm honestly tired of talking about this shit, let's just find her and get my shit back.
________________

"Pull up right here," Londyn says giving Buckhead directions. He pulls into a parking lot of some apartments.

"Amber let's go, we'll be out in a minute." Londyn says grabbing her purse and opening the car door. They close the doors walking slowly up the stairs.

"Word of advice homie, everything that look good ain't good." Buckhead said leaning his seat back.

Londyn

"Bring your ass here Drea." I heard a man's voice say aggressively outside the door of Keisha's mom house. I look at Amber as we attempt to peek through the cracks in the blinds.

I manage to see a man push a lady on the table causing her to hit her head. The lady must be Keisha's mom she seemed older yet the man looked like he could be about 30.

"Maybe we should come back another time sis cause I don't want to just watch nobody momma get they ass whooped." I say watching him send strong blows to her head.