Three

Pt.1

Dave East
2 weeks later...

"Don't be fucking with me shorty, you really coming out hea?" I say on the phone while looking out at my city from the balcony

"Igh ma, hit my phone when you touch down in Harlem...Igh and send me ya hotel when you make it I'll come scoop you in the morning." I hang up and pull my joint up to my lips inhaling it.

Tomorrow morning is my album release and Monté promised see was gon come out here and meet my city. I guess lil mama know how to keep ha promises.

"Who was that?" Mahogany asks walking out to the balcony wearing one of my t shirts.

"A friend of mine."

"What friend?" She says with a attitude as she walks over next to me.

"What I just said girl? Now don't start with questioning me again. I told you to chill on that shit we only in this position we in cause of this baby don't get shit mistaken for relationship." I spat back walking in my room closing the balcony door behind me.

She slowly opens the door back following me inside."So I'm only here because of this baby." She whines wiping tears from her eyes. "Maybe I should just leave then."

I turn around looking at her laughing out loud. "Aye shorty you know where the door is but I'm gon make one thing crystal clear to yo ass. When my son comes he's coming here with me I don't care where you go anymore."

She gives me a stale look before going to the closet to back her stuff. I'm over the dramatic episodes with Mahogany I'm not finna keep entertaining it and then she want to question a nigga about everything he do. Last time I check I was a single, grown ass man. I don't need to check in with nobody.

I walk to my front door and open the door for my day one patnas Buckhead & Shoota. They been my niggas since way back in the Harlem nights when we was kids running around getting into everything.

"Wassup yall." I say dapping them up before sitting on the couch. I light my blunt putting the tv on ESPN.

"I didn't even know you was back outchea till Shoota had said sum man so you know we have to come through. What you got going on today?" My homie Buckhead asks rolling him up a joint. That's all me and the fellas do really is smoke, go to the studio, make moves and just chill.

"Man nothing, I need to find something to get into cause shorty upstairs finna make a nigga spzz out in this hoe." I say putting my feet up on my pillow on top of the coffee table.

"What going on whatchu and baby moms?" Shoota ask. I shake my head inhaling my blunt twice more.

"She be tripping to much for me, I understand pregnancy and shit but that girl ask me questions like I'm in a mf interrogation room and I'll wake up and she'll be trynna get in my phone or something. A nigga ain't sign up for this crazy ass shit."

"Well nigga next time wrap ya shit up." Buckhead said shrugging his shoulders. "Man I did, I guess that shit broke or some I don't know."

"Or unless that broad is a snake and trynna trap yo ass." Shoota says the same thing everytime. He always think he knows best for me when it comes to women. I think I got my shit under control in that catergory.

Monté

JFK National Airport
New York

After a 5 and a half hour plane ride, I walk slowly to my taxi waiting for me

After a 5 and a half hour plane ride, I walk slowly to my taxi waiting for me. The flight was pretty cool on the way here, I slept good the whole plane ride.

"Where to ma'am?" The taxi driver asks me. Dave flew me out to New York for his album release party. Even though things been a little intense since our kiss, he's still my friend and I'm always down for supporting a friend.

"Harlem," I say. I text my friends back letting them know I made it into New York so they won't have to worry about me.

I've never been anywhere outside of California and I'm actually kind of excited yet nervous to go to Harlem and meet Dave's people out here. It's going to be a different world for me, a world in the public eye.

*

"Ma'am we have arrived. Welcome to Harlem, New York. Where to?" I unlock my phone and check the time. 12:56am. I yawn a little covering my mouth.

"Hotel please. It's getting kind of late."

Hotel

After taking my shower and getting ready for bed, I shoot Dave a text letting him know I made it to my hotel room along with the address.

Dave

"Let me get another round for my section on me and then you can bring me out the

"Let me get another round for my section on me and then you can bring me out the....the tab." I slur a little bit after receiving a text from Monté telling me what hotel she at.

My patnas took me out to this night club in Manhattan and through all this shit I been going through with Mahogany ass I need a night out without her questioning me when I get home. She packed all her stuff and texted me she was leaving untill I decided if I want a family or hoes. The woman is crazy if she think she gon even threaten to take my son away from me, just to make that shit clear.

"Aye Shoota, call Smoke...and ugghh...tell him I gotta go." I say taking another shot of henny put the bottle. Shoota walks off to go handle that for me. Smoke is my driver, sometimes I drive myself if it's not to far or I don't plan on drinking but nights like this I need somebody to escort me.

5 minutes later, the bottle girl comes back with my tab, I pay her cash and give her a little tip on the side. "Igh I'm finna head out I gotta some I need to tend to." I say dapping everybody up before leaving.

I'm sure Monté won't mind if I give her a little surprise.