Twenty Six

How y'all feeling about this new Bryson Tiller tho?

Dave

"Gimme someee

"Gimme someee." Monté whines wanting a bite of my food.

"Here mama." I say giving her a bite. She smiles chewing her food.

"What made you want to go to Reggie's anyways...you haven't took me here in a minute?" She asks sitting indian style in the passenger seat. We sat in the car to eat our food because everybody don't need to know Monté is pregnant.

"I just know you like their food so I wanted to treat you." I say putting my trash in the bag.

She grabs my hand placing it on her stomach. "Feel." She says holding my hand on her stomach. I start to feel the baby's little kicks, them mutherfuckers was pretty strong too.

She scrunches up her face moving to the side. "Does that hurt you?" I ask her. She nods practicing her breathing.

I kiss her stomach softly rubbing it. "Baby girl, this your daddy talking to you, stop hurting your mommy please I need her to be happy while we together so y'all can come back to me." I say talking to her stomach.

She smiles looking down at me. I feel her hand touch the side of my face causing me to look up at her, tears filling her eyes.

"You really hurt me Dave...the way you kept secrets from me and kept lying to me and you knew you wasn't telling me the truth and that's all I ask of you. Do you want your daughter growing up without her daddy?" She asks looking me in my eyes. I can tell she was deadass about taking my daughter away from me.

"Monté you know I don't want that."

"Well you need to grow up and be the man I know you can be, starting by stop lying to me be completely honest and tell me where did all this shit start between you and Paris." Here we go again, I might as well tell her everything cause I need my family.

"I met her my sophomore year in high school, I lost my virginity to her on her prom night and a few months after that I got locked up and she disappeared and I hadn't heard from her till she showed up at my mom's birthday party and she was trynna threaten you and my moms said she even tried to threaten me to her and so I told her we can settle this shit and go take a DNA test and whatever the results are depends on what will happen next." I explain.

"So what were the results?" She asks me. I pull out my phone and go to the email from my doctor and hand her my phone.

"Well I'm glad she's not your baby but I'm still not happy that you kept it from me when you know I wouldn't do you like that." She says keeping it real with me. I know Monté wouldn't lie or keep secrets from me but I was trying to protect her because Paris a real crazy bitch.

"I'm sorry baby, I really am. I love you and this baby so much and I don't want to lose you over this one fuck up...please just give me another chance to do right by you." She looks in my eyes and I look in hers.

"If I decide to move back in Dave, on my daughter I promise you I will leave your ass and take our child with me forreal if you ever lie to me again." She states stretching her legs.

"Okay whatever you want, I gotchu." I say leaning closer to her. She kisses my cheek and smiles.

"Baby steps..." She says before laughing a little.
———
Monté

"Both our names start with a D so why not name her something with a D." Dave suggested. We sat in his car thinking of baby names.

Dave says he's going to work on fixing everything he fucked up and I'm not going to be too hard on him because this is his first fuck up but that's not an excuse this shit better be his last... and so I think I'm going to move back in and plus my baby can finally take her ass to bed at night now that she'll be underneath her daddy.

But although I'm thinking about moving back in doesn't mean things are just going to go back to what it was, I was serious about making this nigga work his way back up to my good graces.

"Nooo I want something with a K. I always dreamed of my daughter having my middle name though." I confess.

"Kai Chanel Brewster?" I shake my head in frustration. Something told me to look up names on google because Dave is horrible at this.

"What about Kyrie? But of course we can spell it differently." I suggest rubbing my belly.

"Kairi Chanel Brewster...I fuck with that." He says before kissing my cheek.
_______

Author's Note
Sorry for the short chapter and, I was trying to get at least two chapter out before going to bed. Hope y'all like it.