Nineteen

Mahogany

"I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING AND YOU WAS PLOTTING AGAINST  ME  THE WHOLE  TIME, YOU SNEAKY BITCH." 

He yells tightening his grip around my throat. I feel the air slowly escaping my lungs.

"Pleaseee..." I beg as a tear rolls down my cheek.

2 days earlier...

"Some people want it all..I don't want nothing at all. If it ain't you baby...If I ain't got you baby some people want diamonds rings some juusst.."I sing along to the paino.

"When you hit that note make sure you got up...Some juuuust want everythhinng," My voice coach lectures. I nod my head giving her a small smile.

Every since I had my baby boy Akeem, life has been treating me good. I learned to put myself and my baby first no matter what because when I was pregnant and alone wasn't nobody there for me not even the two men Akeem needed most.

I moved back out to Vegas with my parents after Akeem was born to get back on my feet, he's almost 7 months now.
___________

_____________

_____________

"Okay so tonight I need you to perfect this song, untill you learn how to write your own music this will be the song you perform in front of all those important business people." She says referring to my audition tomorrow.

I've been trynna get my singing career off the ground for the longest and for some reason I feel like now is my only chance to go big or go home.

"Okay thank you, see you tomorrow." I say picking up my bag and my phone. I go to my instagram app while walking out the door.

daveeast: Whatever you want you get it mama, no question you da the one

daveeast: Whatever you want you get it mama, no question you da the one. Daddy's coming home soon❤️

diamontéharper: I love you...

I hate to see him post her, he didn't never have that energy for me. Why wasn't I ever good enough for him to treat me the way he treats her? Yes my attitude is hard to handle but I've just been through so much.

Dave really broke my heart the way he let me go, and to be honest I don't know who my son's father is out of Malik or Dave but I learned to not care, Akeem don't need nobody but me and that's the way it's gonna be. If he ever decides to know who his dad is then I'll figure it out then but untill then that mystery is safe in the closet.

I shrug my shoulders and comment "It's funny how a nigga loves a woman he barely knows." I smirk and lock my phone heading to my car.

*

I pull up to my parents house and open my car door grabbing everything I need.

"Mommy...Daddy!!" I yell from the bottom of the stairs. My mom walks down the stairs slowly holding Akeem. She places her pointer finger over her mouth, warning me he was sleeping.

"Awee my stinkk...Mommy where's daddy I need to talk to him?" I ask her. She points upstairs walking to the living to lay the baby down.

I walk upstairs slowly walking to my parents room. "Daddy I need to borrow your-- who's Diamonté?" I ask staring at the tattoo on his chest. I've never seen my dad's tattoos on his chest cause he never has his shirt off around me, now I know why.

He sighs clenches his jaw tight putting his head down. "...Your mom and I wanted to wait to tell you this but I guess you're old enough now." He says not even looking me in my eyes.

"Tell me what..." I say breathing heavy. My anxiety is really bad when I feel like somebody is about to tell me something I don't like.

"You have a sister...she's a year older than you. Her mother I got married before she was born and I thought she was my soulmate untill I met your mom. She was so beautiful it was love at first sight. So by time Diamonté, our daughter was 3, I had decided to spend the rest of my life with your mom." I felt tears stream down my cheeks. I've been lied to damn near my whole life and I'm just now finding out at 21 years old.

"What kind of man are you? What kind of man leaves his wife and his child for another woman?" I ask feeling myself getting hot.

"Moe listen to me, her mom and I was going through really bad problems when your mother and I got married I just--"

"Wait...how could you be my father if you didn't marry my mom till she was 3...Are you my father?" I feel my heart ache as tears fill up my eyes.

He gave me a look that broke my heart into a million pieces. The truth. Why does it hurt so much?

I rushed out the room slamming the door in his face. I ran downstairs managing to keep both my heels in tact.

"Momma give me my baby." I say sternly as I walk in the living room.

"He just woke Moe. Let me feed the child for christ sake." She whines shaking his bottle.

I grab Akeem out of her hands placing him over my shoulder. I then snatch the bottle out of her hand rocking him. "Don't give me no direction on my child when your coward ass couldn't even tell me who my father is. I hate you." I say feeling more tears stream down my face. I turn around slamming the front door.

"Mahogany." I hear her say after me. I strap Akeem in his carseat and get in the car.

I looked back at my baby while wiping my face. "Mommy is so sorry baby." I say he smiles at me not even know what's going on.

I'm putting my son through the same thing I'm going through. I don't want him to grow up hating me for not giving him the luxury of growing up around his real father.

Wait a minute...Diamonté...Diamonté Harper?!

I laid my head on the steering wheel. I guess it's time to go back to New York and pay my sister a visit...

*

Pops

Pops