Eight

Diamonté
2 weeks later...

"Okay yes ma'am, see you Tuesday at 6. Okay bye." I say before hanging up the phone.

Tomorrow is graduation day and I have been filling out applications for jobs all day. I still haven't really made up my mind about what I want to do about this whole Dave thing so lately I just been keeping a low profile and just avoiding Dave in every way possible. Although, he thinks I'm just busy with school.

I scroll on instagram while walking to my car. I just finished my last few final exams for the year. I'm officially done with class.

All my books are knocked out my hand when someone bumps into me. I lock my phone and bend down to pick them up.

"My bad. I didn't see you there." The guy infront of me says. I nod my head before walking off.

"Aye wait a minute," I turn around to see my phone in his hands. This is where I went wrong the first time. I grab my phone out his hands.

"Thank you and you have a good day." I say before turning back around heading to my car.

I hear him mumble you too before he heads back in the direction he was going.

Lately, I've kinda closed myself back up to how I was before I met Dave. Things are just better that way so I don't end up getting hurt in the long run.
_______________

_______________

Next Morning

"Girl if you don't put on this damn dress. It'll be cute." My cousin Lexi says rummaging through my closet.

My cousins came down today from San Jose to see me graduate. I'm actually grateful that my family showed up at all judging how things ended with my family and my mom.

Back in the day, my mom was a very beautiful woman and she always stayed on her shit. But when she met my father he changed her, poisoned her with his toxicity.

After my dad left us when I was 3, my mom had to learn to manage being a single mom and I guess it was too much for her so she moved us away from our family and loved ones and we moved to LA where she found comfort in drinking and getting high.

My family tried to take me from my mom which caused everybody to part from each other. I barely hear from my aunts and uncles unless they ask about school. My cousins are different tho.

"I don't like this dress, I'm graduating college not high school. I need something new." I say.

"Umm D there's somebody here to see you." Jaz says walking in my room from the kitchen.

I hold the dress up to my neck to see if I like it. "Who is it?" I ask.

She walks in the room and closes the door. "Dave," She says causing my body to freeze up.

"Umm Monté, who is Dave?" My cousin Mya ask.

"I'll explain at on the way to the graduation party." I say before rushing out the room.

I see Dave standing by the door with things in his hand. He looks up at me as I walk closer to him, a smirk crawling across his face.

I hug him tightly missing his embrace. He hugs me back griping tighter to the bags in his hand.

"Congratulations," He says handing me the first bag. I smile looking inside to see a box with keys in it. I give him a confused look.

"What's this?" I ask holding up the keys.

"An apology for not allowing you to decide you're life. I know you wanted to graduate and get a job and still be you. But I didn't know the shade room was paying so much attention to us." He says handing me the other bag.

I open it to see a small box and a card. "Don't read it now, read it when you really are done being scared." He says.

"Okay but what do you these keys go to?" I ask.

"Come with me." He says grabbing my hand leading me outside.
_______________

———————"Dave East

———————
"Dave East. Tell me right now if this is a joke." I say holding the keys to my new g wagon.

"I'm not joking with you shorty, check the inside." He says smiling at me.

I open the car door and instantly start crying seeing the seat covered in roses and two Louis Vuitton bags sat in the front seat. My first time ever having louis vuitton.

I really worked my ass off to finish school and get my degree and it's all finally starting to pay off. I am extremely thank for Dave.

"No way Dave, I can't thank you enough." I say jumping on him wrapping my legs around his torso.

*

Dave

"Diamonté Chanel Harper," The lady says as Monté walks across the stage and recieves her degree.

I stand up along with her family and cheer her on. She looks at me and smiles before walking off the stage.

I'm really proud of Monté, she been working on her degree since before she met me and managed to do it all on her own. I damn sho wasn't gon miss this day for shit. I flew in straight off tour and I had to make sure her car was flown in this morning so I could drop it off to her before her graduation party.
~

~

Disclaimer

This chapter is short but the story is about to move in a different direction now that Monté has graduated and will soon be moving to New York, what do you think will happen next with Diamonté and Dave? Will they ever be together or remain as friends? Was their first the last time or will they do it again? Let me know what you think.