Seventeen

Paris

3 months later...

"Mommy can we go see my daddy today?" Maya asks for the 1467th time.

When Dave and I first met I was a senior in high school and he was coming in as a new kid his 10th grade year. I helped him around the school and eventually we became friends in way. I use to flirt with him and lead him on to make him want me, I was about to graduate so I didn't like him at first. A few months turned into a year, It was my prom night and I had asked Dave to be my date that was our first time having sex, his first time having sex and it was amazing. I never knew Dave was into music or even writing, when he met me his love was mainly for basketball.

"Not today baby mommy has to go handle something real quick, Ms. Trent is in the living room if you need anything." I say grabbing my purse. I walk over to Maya and kiss her cheek.

I love my daughter so much and I just want to give her the world. I hate to always have to leave her with my neighbor but I can't hustle and be a mom at the same time.

"Ms. Trent, Maya's in my room watching a movie, she should be good for about a hour untill she gets hungry. Her snacks are in the left cabinet." I say walking towards the front door.

"Okay and when do I get paid for this?" She asks putting her hands on her hips.

"When I come home to my well feed, loved and cared for daughter just the way I left her." I say before slamming the door behind me.

I unlock the doors to my Mercedes Bendz and get in the car.

"Hey Siri, call Mama East." I say out loud putting my seat belt on.

*

Monté

"So who been braiding your hair this whole time?" I ask smiling at my man

Dave's been on tour for 2 months now then he's dropping his surprise album when he comes back Wednesday.

"My homegirl Haven, she line my shit up too fa me." He says licking his lips. I miss him soo much, I feel like ever since we moved in together we're stuck now and everything has been really good. I still have dreams of my mom every now and then but not as bad.

"Oh okay, when you gon let me cut your hair?" I ask poking out my lip. He smiles at me shaking his head.

"Hell nah mama, all you can do is braid my shit that's it, I let you put clippers next to my head you fuck around mess sum up." I bust out laughing adjusting myself on the chair.

"Anyways cause you a hater, what time is your flight Wednesday because I got a doctor's appointment scheduled for tomorrow and I wanted to see if you can fly in a day early."