Thirty Three

Keisha
7 years ago...

Harlem, New York

"Ma, I'm finna head to work. Don't wait up!" I say before walking out the door.

I unlock the doors to my car throwing my heels in the backseat. Keisha Lynn Porters, that's me...born and raised up in Jamaica. My ma and I moved out here when she met her new boyfriend out here in Harlem. I've never been to fond on my mom's boyfriends because they always stare at me and just make me feel uncomfortable.

I'm an exotic dancer and I just started working at Club Phoenix out here in Harlem, before that I was working at this club in Miami. I get around because my name is so hot in the dancing world everybody loves them some Keisha.

I pulled up to the club swinging around to the back, today is Friday the most important day of the week because most of our important customers come in on Fridays after having a long week they try to just have a good experience to end out their week.

"Keke girl, hurry up you're on stage next." My manager Cali says as I walk through the door holding my heels. I nod my head walking to the dancer's dressing room.

"Keke girl where you been? We haven't seem you in a minute.." My homegirl Nyla asks fixing her makeup.

"Marcus been putting his hands on my momma again so I been doing a few side hustles trynna get her away from him." I say setting my bag down. I start to get dressed while thinking about how close me and my mom use to be before we moved here it feels like this world literally swallowed her up, she's not the same.

I slide on my lace thong and matching bra set looking in the mirror smiling at myself. Stripping was never my dream job but not all women are fortunate enough to go to college or have parents that take care of them. I've been on my own really since I was 15, my mom never provided for me or even herself so when my daddy left us I was the provider until she met Marcus but I refuse to let her depend on a nigga that's whooping her ass in order for her to be taken care of.

"Keisha you're up." Cali yells from backstage.

I walk on the the stage waiting for DJ Stackz to play my song. 

I walk on the stage slowly swaying my hips to the music. I stop mid stage squating down grinding my hip looking back at the auidence.

Stripping is all about confidence within yourself and how confident you are with your body you gotta own the stage and make these niggas wanna come off some money.

I grip the pole turning my body around it spreading my legs wide. As the money starts falling I began to feel myself a little more, I untie my top throwing my bra in the crowd. I bend over twerking my cheeks from side to side moving my body to the beat.

Once the song ends I pick up my money and exit the stage. I walk back stage and put on my other outfit so I can do some private dances.

"Keke there's somebody downstairs waiting for you in the red room." Cali says as I switch my wig. I nod getting ready to go make some more money.

I walk downstairs making my way to the red room, the red room is where any and everything goes down at. The red room is where we bring the ballers who trynna come off some real cash.