Twelve

Diamonté

2 days later...

"How do I look?" I ask Dave as the stylist puts lipgloss on my lips.

"You don't want me to tell you right now baby, it's people in this hoe." He says biting his lip at me. I smile winking at him before turning around to look at myself in the mirror.

"Oh my gosh....Heaven yess I love it girl," I say looking at myself in different angles. I've never felt so much like a Queen in all my life. I guess this how it feels to be dating one of the kings of New York.

"Hol on baby...I gotta take this call, I'm gonna be right back." Dave says leaning in to kiss me while holding his phone to his ear. I grip his chin kissing him softly so I won't get lipgloss on his lips. I don't know how I'm going to ever repay this man for all the shit he has done for me.

"Y'all are tooo cute," Heaven the stylist says as she brushes my hair.

"Thank you." I say briefly. I smile thinking about me and Dave and how happy we actually are together, I just feel like it's all too good to be true sometimes.

"Monté we need you in 5 minutes," The photographer says while setting up for my photoshoot.

"Ouu okay let me get it together...I'm so nervous." I say shaking my hands taking deep breaths.

"Don't be, you look beautiful and you are beautiful just go out there and be confident that's all it's about. How you rock the look." She says before pulling me into a hug. I hug her back.

"Thank you, I owe you big time girl," I say before walking over to the set.

"Okay sit right here for me please. Remember keep posing as I take shots, it's important to have as many good pictures we can get. Have fun and just be confident within yourself." He says before positioning me how he wanted.

As I start posing I began to feel myself owning every ounce of clothes and makeup I had on. I never got the luxury to grow up and have a pair of designer clothes or shoes and if I did have them my mom had to scrap up every penny she had for me to get it.

"You're a fucking natural," The photographer snapping shots while encouraging me.

"Dat's my baby right dea, make that money mama." I hear Dave say from the side causing me to go even harder.

***

I sat on the toliet seat watching Dave cut his hair

I sat on the toliet seat watching Dave cut his hair. I was going to cook dinner but Dave made me stop what I was doing to keep him company.

"Babe." I say getting up off the toliet and wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Hmmm." He mumble focusing on his hair. I rub circles in his stomach out of boredom.

"Heaven the stylist you hired, you know her she's around 5'—"

"Pause. Stop beating around the bush just ask me mama," He says biting his lip while he fades his edge up.

"Okay anyways so she invited me to a party and gave me something to wear but I just wanted to know if you wanted to go with me, maybe?" I ask softly. He turns off the clippers and turns to me.

"Yeah I gotchu baby," I walk closer to him holding his chin and kisses his lips repeatedly.

"Okay get dressed."
________

_________

_________

"How I look baby?" I say walking in the living room after it took me 2 long hours to get dressed.

He walks up to me grabbing my waist."You look beautiful," He says wrapping his hands slowly around my ass while he kisses on my neck.

"How about we stay hear a little while longer." He whispers in my ear sliding his hand underneath my skirt. I grab his hand and kiss his cheek.

"Do you want me to go by myself?" I ask grabbing my car keys.

"No I already said I was going I was just trynna give you some of this before we go but never mind then. Put ya keys down Smoke outside," He says calling the shots as we head out the door.

*

Even when I was in college I wasn't much of a party girl, but I have to learn to adjust to my new reality. I moved out to New York to do me but I still don't want to get lost in Dave's world and forget why I really came here.

When Dave and I walk into the party, I started to feel a little insecure the more I passed by a beautiful woman with a banging body. I know Dave's in the industry and he's been with a lot of women and I don't know how I can even compete with all that. I just got my first LV bag for my graduation, gifted by Dave. I don't want to overthink it but I can't help but address the elephant in the room.

"Oh my gosh Dave hi," A woman approaches us giving Dave all her attention.

"Savanna hey, wassup." Dave says giving her a side hug. I stood their evaluating the situation as they share small talk.

"Soo, ugh this my girlfriend Diamonté, baby this is Savanna my old publicist." He says finally introducing us. I nod my head very nonchalant.

She hold her hand out smiling at me. I examine any situation before I decide how to make of that person or what to think. My intuition is telling me there's more to this than just an "old publicist ."

"Nice to meet you." I say shaking her hand.

"So Dave how's the music career going?" She asks taking a sip of her cup.

"Everything's good, I got a interview in Miami tomorrow and a tour in about two more months." He says holding on to my waist.

"That's good, that's real good..Well I'm proud of you Dave and it was nice seeing you," They share eye contact. "And it was nice to meet you to Malia." Malia? She says smiling before walking off.

I turn to Dave who was acting clueless to what just happened. I will not be embarrassed, I won't allow it and I will not let anyone try to downplay me to look good for MY nigga.

"Sooo when was the last time you have sex with her?" I asked breaking the awkward silence.

"Baby please don't do this, we just got here," He says looking down at me.

"Actually I think I want to go home. I've been embarrassed enough today and besides not even sure who else finna walk up to us that you slept with." I say sternly before walking back outside heading towards the car.