Eleven

Monté

"Hi, Diamonté Harper,"I say shaking the interviewer's hand. She smiles giving me a firm handshake.

"Raine Davis, please have a seat." She says sitting down at her desk. I take a seat, setting my purse in the seat next to me.

"So Ms. Harper, why are you interested at this hosting job?" She asks pulling out her pen and clip board.

"Um well, I actually just moved to New York, I have my degree in business and this job just seemed like a perfect fit for this new chapter in my life. I love dressing up and going out I could most definitely book clubs, I don't have social media but I love taking pictures as well." I say smoothly making eye contact.

"Oh okay well, welcome to Manhattan. Have you did an type of modeling or have you even been a brand ambassador?" She asks.

"Um no ma'am, like I said as far as the pictures I got on my phone I have never took any." I say.  She shifts in her seat and looks at me.

"Okay Ms.Harper, in order to work as a host you must be active on all social networks, I need you to fill this out and I need legit photos in order to get you started." I nod my head taking in everything she's saying. I didn't know this host job was like this.

"That's it but a little word of advice...Nobody will book with a somebody they don't know if we're being honest with each other. This job is not for the weak and basic. You must be able to book out every club. You are responsible for the pictures if I don't like them you can put in your application elsewhere." With that she stands up setting her clipboard down.

"Okay I'll get it done." I say getting up shaking her hand before walking out the door. I don't even know how i'm going to find the money for pictures and let alone something good enough to take pictures in.

*

Dave

"So this shorty that went viral on instagram?" My homie Saint said passing the blunt back to me. I nod my head.

"Yea, I really felt bad for that shit cause Monté is a good girl she don't even be on that social media shit or nothing." I say hitting the blunt.

I was showing my homie Saint pictures of me and Monté, mostly everybody know about her, well they think they do.

"Man what you think gon happen when word get out that y'all official, everybody gon search to find her. Dave you must've forgotten all the shit you den accomplished cuh." He says taking the blunt out my hands.

"I know man but my baby ain't ready for allat." I say.

"She not ready or you don't want her to be ready? Cause don't think nobody ain't talking about you and Savanna hugged up down at Memphis." He said inhaling the weed.

"Man I know, it wasn't even like that I was just telling shorty she gotta go, I got a woman now and I can't get caught up. Not with her." He shakes his head taking a sip out his cup.

"Aye patna, you know I don't like none of the broads you den brung around me so far. But this shawty...she beautiful, got her degree, you say she been solid for about 3 months. Most niggas can't be as lucky dawg please don't fuck over this girl." 

Saint knows almost every girl I den been with and he knows all the shit I went through with them, we just homies like dat and I know he ain't trynna steer me wrong.

"I'm not man, I'm not if anythi--"

"Babe, I bought you some food." Monté says walking in my house. I get up off the couch and grab the bags out her hands.

"Wassup baby." I say kissing her cheek. She slips her heel off at the door walking behind me into the living room.

"Hey, I didn't know you had company, Diamonté." She says addressing Saint. He gets up and shakes her hand. "Saint nice to meet you, aye cuh I'm finna head out letchu chop it up with ya lady." I dap him up before he lets himself out.

Monté sits up and grabs a chipotle bag pulling out her food.

"How was your interview?" I ask grabbing a chip out her bag. She blows air out her mouth.

"Okay babe no cause I bought you your own for a reason," She hands me my bag. "And it was not what I expected." She says as her face expression changes.

"Why what happened?" I ask eating my chip and salsa.

"I have to create an account for all social media, also have a photo shoot to show her my potential of booking out clubs. Like the shit is too much, I might just apply for something else." She whines.

"Nah baby Ion think you should do that, if hosting club events is what you want to do then do it, and if you want my help with that other shit I gotchu. But that's if you want my help, I can get you a stylist and a photographer so you can take as many pictures them people need you to take so you can rack up this money," I say kissing her cheeks.

"I can't ask you to do that.." She says. I look at her shaking my head.

"I want to," I say eating another chip.

"You would do that?" She says smiling like I just gave her a million dollars.

"Didn't I say I gotchu,but I'm not gon lie to you I gotta start keeping my pistol on me cause you gonna get me into a whole lotta problems." She staddles my lap.

"I can keep mines on me too cause you're not to bad yourself Mr.East." She says kissing me slowly taking off my shirt.
___________

Raine Davis

Raine Davis