Twenty Eight

Pt.2

Monté

"Everybody come inside to open up gifts." Dave's mom calls out from the back door. Everyone starts walking inside Jaz and I decide to follow in last.

"Bitch I still can't believe we at your baby shower like oh my gosh you grew up too fast on me." She says causing us both to laugh.

"Girl shutup, but no you right I didn't expect life to take me this fast and believe it or not shit is still happening everyday." I say rubbing my belly as we walk in the house.

"There goes my babies." Dave says walking up to us. He puts his hand on my back and helps me walk to the chair they had set up for me. I sit down in the chair in front of a bunch of gifts for my baby.

"Oh my gosh y'all Kairi is going to be too spoiled and she don't need no more clothes after this, her closet is completely over capacity but..I just want to say before I open gifts, Thank you all for coming out and supporting Dave and I. We appreciate it all and we love you all and if I wasn't pregnant I would fasho turn this party upside down." I say. Everyone smiles saying they love us too.

"Okay here mama." Dave says handing me the first gift.

"Aweeee who go my baby these booties?" I say holding them up. But then I peep my name at the bottom. These were mine...

I look around through the crowd and continue to open up the gifts. I hope Mahogany wasn't stupid enough to tell my dad I was pregnant and I hope he's not stupid enough to think he can start over with my baby being his grandchild, fucks no.

*

"Thank you ma, Monté most definitely going to have to put them nipples in theses." Dave says holding up the breast pumps his mom got me. I bust out laughing holding my stomach.

"Boy gimme this." I say taking the punp out his hand and putting it back in the bag.

"Oh yeah Monté I got some gifts for you..cause you my baby and you giving me my first child so I gotta show you my appreciation." He begans to say, his mom passes him a bag. Oh god...Monté don't cry...don't cry..

He grabs my hands and helps me up on my feet. "Ma told me I had to give you a speech so I'm going to give you this speech but don't cry cause lately a nigga been getting pregnancy symptoms too." He says, I laugh feeling my eyes tear up already.

So am I the only one that cries when you know someone finna yell at you (your parents or something) or say something about you?...I be crying before they even start.

"Diamonté Harper...babygirl you changed me in ways you don't even know, the way you love me and take care of me don't nobody do that for me but my ma, and I really do appreciate you. So I got you some gifts but mama love said I gotta explain why I'm giving you the gifts and shit like that so hold on..." He pauses and pulls out two boxes. I am not ready for marriage so this nigga bet not be proposing.

He grabs my hand before speaking. "Monté, baby you are my best friend and I want to make a promise you to be here for you and Kairi, and to let you know and all our family and friends know that I don't give a damn about no other females and I say that so you know it's only you and it's always going to be you, you got my heart Diamonté Harper, I don't know how you did it but you do and so..." He opens the box revealing a iced out watch similar to his causing the tears to drop from my eyes and roll down my cheeks.

I wrap my arms arond his neck laying my head on his shoulder before he could say or do anything else, I just wanted to hug him

I wrap my arms arond his neck laying my head on his shoulder before he could say or do anything else, I just wanted to hug him. If you would've told me last year, I would be this happy I would've cussed your weird ass out. He opens up the second box causing me to tear up more revealing a beautiful ring.

"Baby stop crying Ian done with my gifts." He says rubbing my back. I wipe my face and stand up straight. He kisses my cheek then slides the ring on my finger.

"This is just my promise and eventually hopefully one day in the future, I'll buy you a real ring." He says winking at me.

"Smoke been teaching me how to pump gas and so I got a gas card for you with $500 on it." He adds.

"Babe why $500?" I whisper.

"The brings me to my next surprise..." He grabs my hand. Everyone follows us outside, Jaz records on her phone.

"Babeee" I say rubbing my belly. I see shoota and Smoke pull up the front of the house in a lamborghini.

"Davvid are you nuts babeee?" I say shocked at the fact this nigga bought me a lambo as a baby shower gift

"When lil Kairi get old she need to be riding lavish but when she's born you driving that G wagon you not finna have my baby girl with whiplash." He says holding on to my waist making everybody laugh.

"I'm loving this color girl oh my gosh." Jaz says recording the car.

I yawn feel my energy slowly drift away. "Come on mama, David you park the car and help them move it in the garage, Monté needs to go lay down." Mama East says holding my hand walking me back in the house.

I love my life, I got a good man, good friends, family and my baby girl will be here in a few more weeks. I just don't know who would give my baby my old booties when none of my real family that would know about it doesn't even know i'm pregnant..