Seven

Dave East

I woke up to Monté singing in the shower. That's what that vitamin D do fa ya. I get up from underneath the covers sitting up. I grab my phone and check my notifications, 25 missed calls. Today ain't the day..

I rub my head setting my phone back down, today is Monté last day in New York. I really don't want her to leave, especially now. Not gon lie she put it down on my ass last night, I didn't know shorty was a freak like dat.

I sit back watching sports channel and I hear the shower turn off. Monté walks out the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body.

"Goodmorning." She says briefly before picking up her bag.

"Goodmorning beautiful." I say licking my lips. I love a woman who can rock that natural shit. Fresh out the shower too. She looks away from me, her cheeks turning beat red.

"So ugh...my flight leaves at 1 cause I gotta early class tomorrow." She says grabbing clothes out her bag.

"So you want me to drop you off?" I ask watching her get dressed.

"You can, or I can take a uber it don't matter." She says putting her hair in a bun. I honestly thought she wore weave in her hair, a nigga was scared to pull on it last night lol.

"That's silly why take a uber when I gotta whole driver. Finish getting dressed, i'm finna call my driver and we can get something to eat on the way there." I say getting out of bed sliding my pants up and grabbing my shirt off the floor. I walk to the living area closing the room door behind me.

I text my driver Smoke to tell me him wassup.

I wish Monté could go with me on the road but she got other shit to do and I can't stand in the middle or her dreams.
_______________
"Whatchu wanna eat?" I ask Monté as we ride in the car on the way to the airport. She locks her phone sitting it in her lap.

"Not gonna lie, I really want donuts," She whines a little bit. I look at her and laugh.

"Pick ya lip up shorty...Smoke pull up to the donut spot." I say. I only eat at one donut spot in Harlem, they got the best donuts in New York if you ask me.

Smoke nods his head.

I wonder if Monté feels awkward with me since last night. She just been tryna act so normal I can tell something isn't right.

*

Monté

I sit in the car with Smoke while Dave is in the donut shop getting the food.

"You had said you from Cali?" Smoke says breaking the silence. I nod my head locking my phone.

"Yeah, Los Angeles."

"Word, I use to live in Cali for about 6 1/2 years till I came back out here to New York." He says.

"I've actually decided on moving out here to New York once I graduate." I say scrolling through instagram.

"I think that'll be a good move for you though shorty, Dave gon take care of you that's all that man do is take care of people shit. I know I'm his driver."

I laugh at little bit. Shortly after, Dave opens the car door climbing in next to me. He hands me the box off donuts and a orange juice.

"Thank you." I say smiling.

*

Airport

"It was nice talking to you by the way, Ms.Diamonté." Smoke says as we arrive at the airport.

"It was nice talking to you to." I say smiling. Dave comes around my side and opens the door for me while Smoke grabs my bags from out the trunk.

I grab my bags from Smoke and he gets in the car leaving me and Dave outside to talk. I look up at Dave while he looks at me, I really don't want to leave.

I walk up to him giving him a hug. He looks down at me holding his finger under my chin. "Can I just kiss you one more time?" He asks. I nod my head leaning in closer as our lips touch.
—————-

——————

Next Morning

"Ayeee D...you seen this girl?" My friend Jaz asks showing me her phone as we stand in the elevator of our apartments.

you seen this girl?" My friend Jaz asks showing me her phone as we stand in the elevator of our apartments

theshaderoom: Rapper Dave East seen yesterday dropping off mystery girl at the JFK Airport. Reporters say the two was spotted kissing. It was also reported that rapper was seen with the same woman at his album release party for his new album "Hate Me Now". #baewatch

theylovemahogany: The reason why I will never give my heart to another rapper

dreamichelle: I miss my daveee😌

ykmeitsjazz: Tell them hoes stop playing with my bestfriend.

"Is this all over the internet?" I ask scrolling through the comments.

"Girl what! The shit is all over youtube and twitter." She says. "Girl you finally made it out, you a rapper's girl now."

I'm not tho. My name is Diamonté and no matter what I will never be called a rapper's girl over who I really am.