1.

This book will be broken into two parts so book two will be included in this as part two. I hope you guys enjoy💕-Dajah

💕Part 1💕

✨Y/N✨

"Let's go out tonight" my boyfriend Jason suggested grabbing both of my hands as I giggled. "I can't, I have to help work on this case for the jury in a couple of weeks" I explained. "I understand you work under me but You need to take a break, you're turning thirty in a couple of weeks and have nothing planned." He started off "you don't even go out and get wild anymore" he expressed walking me to my apartment door as I sighed.

"I know but I'm not into being wild anymore, I want to start settling down and focusing more on my career hopefully go back to school and become a lawyer so I can have my own firm, I have lead way being a paralegal I think I could be a good ass lawyer" I expressed.

"Babygirl you're damn there thirty if you wanted to be a lawyer you should've decided that when you wanted to go to school, and thirty doesn't mean we have to settle down just yet" he said as I just rolled my eyes. "Whatever bye" I said trying to unlock my door but he stopped me.

"No goodnight?" He questioned "no because we always have this conversation about you making me feel less than, I'm more than just face, body and sex" I stated "Y/N" he started off as I went into my apartment closing the door in his face.

"I'm a beautiful, smart, talented dark skin Black woman and all he thinks of me is sex and thinks I'm helpless and stupid" I thought to myself as I placed my forehead against the door.

I bust my ass through school and work to make sure I have all my needs and everything my heart desires I even got a lash business on the side going on for myself that increases everyday, yet I'm always having issues with the men I run into. Whether I'm too dark, too independent or a stigma that's behind dark skin or black woman period and why the men don't deal with me.

there's always a problem and when I find a guy who I think actually likes me for me he puts me down just like the rest of them.

"You're still with him?" I heard behind me as I turned around and seen my father sitting in the dark then turned on the lamp as I sighed placing my purse on the couch. "What?" I asked. "Here" he started off placing a couple of folders on the glass coffee table as I took my heels off. "Fury I'm not getting into none of you're S.H.I.E.L.D drama" I stated going to my fridge getting a glass of wine.

"Every time I try to bring you on board you say the same exact thing" he expressed "because every time I try and get on board im always about to lose my life" I stated. "That's not true" he said as I looked at him "the whole thing that went down with stark?" I questioned. "That's why you've been trained" he brought up as I shook my head and looked away from him. "What if something happens to me then what? who's going to take over?" He questioned. "Commander Maria hill" I simply said.

"Y/N I need your help, nothing will happen to you I just need you to do a form of protection program without him knowing" he stated as I just looked at him. "Excuse me?" I questioned "who am I babysitting?" I asked in a laugh.

He handed me the folder as I looked at the files of Steve Rogers.

"Captain America really? He just saved New York with the rest of your team of lab rats why do I need to watch him?!" I questioned

"Captain America really? He just saved New York with the rest of your team of lab rats why do I need to watch him?!" I questioned. "Lab rats that's saving your ass and Because something's going on at SHIELD, I'm not sure what it is yet but something has been going on" he explained as I read his files.

"You told me to come out to washington because of the job opportunities here for my career and so we can get closer , now you're hitting me with this?" I questioned "Y/N I wouldn't ask you if I knew you couldn't handle it" he said as I just looked at him then at the files.

"He doesn't know I'm your daughter?" I asked as Fury shook his head. "No and keep it like that the more people who know then the more danger it puts you in and I can't do that to your mother" he said as I closed the file sitting it beside me.

"He's my neighbor already though" I brought up "exactly I helped him get a plac- Look just watch him please? anything that doesn't sound right you make sure you let me know and try to protect him" he explained. "Hell he should be protecting me, his name is captain America" I sarcastically said. "Alright smart ass" fury stated before we stood up and he gave me a hug.

"How's your mother?" He asked "she's fine and engaged" I said "he finally proposed?" He questioned as I nodded. "Guess you're going to have a step father now" he said "my only father is the one above" I said as he sighed. "When are you going to let that go?" Fury asked.

"I can't let go nineteen years of my life that you missed out on" I simply said "we'll talk later" he stated "Mhm bye" I simply hummed closing and locking the door behind him. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. I went to go take a shower and change into something comfortable

 as I was packing up some items to ship out in the morning and did my research on Captain America

as I was packing up some items to ship out in the morning and did my research on Captain America. I knew who he was I just didn't care about my fathers work like that bacause I don't want to get in the mix.
I looked at a clip of him and his friend James Buchanan Barnes.

They were cute for some elder people but Steve stuck out more to me

They were cute for some elder people but Steve stuck out more to me. I sighed and threw the files on the coffee table going to turn out the light and go to bed but there was a knock on the door. I went to the door and peeked out the peek hole as Steve stood there.

I opened the door peeking some "Hi" I started off and opened the door further revealing myself. "h-hey, I was just trying to meet you, I've been seeing you around" he started off as I smiled some. "I know it's late I hope I didn't wake you" he said as I giggled and shook my head. "No I was up doing something" I stated.

"Well I know it's late. I'll see you around?" He asked as I smiled and nodded. "Goodnight" he said as I smiled "goodnight" I said as he turned to go back to his apartment but then he turned back to me. "Wait what's your name?" He questioned as I smiled "it's Y/N" I said as we shook each other's hand "I'm-" he started off "Captain America, I know who you are" I said as he chuckled "it's Steve" he stated with a smile.

"Well Goodnight Steve" I said as we smiled at each other "good night" he stated as I went back in my apartment and closed the door.