22.

✨Steve✨

"You two really fucked up this cake" Tiffany brought up as we all started laughing. There was a knock on the door as I got up from the computer going to get it. Y/N was standing there as I smiled making her smile then she started sniffing. "What did y'all burn?!" She asked as she walked in and I closed the door behind her.

"Hey church girl!" Sam exclaimed making her laugh. "How they burn the cake but the batter still runny in the middle?" Tiffany asked as Y/N laughed "really?" She asked me. "We had to go back to the store to get more batter" I said as she giggled.

"Y'all used too much water probably" Y/N said "I told you sam" I said to Sam "I was trying to make it moist, who doesn't like moist cake?!" He questioned "yeah but you used too much" I stated. Y/N went up to the cake on the stove as she just looked at it.

"Y'all were really trying to get me to eat this?" She asked as we all laughed. "Where were you?" She asked Tiffany "I was here watching them" Tiffany stated making Y/N laugh. "That's how we know your ass can't cook" Sam said to Tiffany as Tiffany hit his arm making Y/N and I laugh.

"Man give me the stuff" Y/N started off as Sam handed her the cake mix and she placed her purse on the table and took her heels off. She went into the kitchen starting to make the cake as Sam and I watched.

"You need to be over here paying attention too, Tiffany" Sam stated "don't try and make her feel bad because she doesn't cook she can still get a man if she cooks or doesn't cooks" I said "thank you" Tiffany thanked "well keep that shit over there" Sam said to Tiffany as we started laughing.

"You two should really see each other" I suggested as Sam just side eyed Tiffany. "Hell no" Sam simply said. "I already have a boyfriend" Tiffany said "Tiff I have to tell you what happened at church" I brought up as Tiffany looked at her and they started talking to each other through looks. I looked at Sam "it's a women thing" Sam stated making me chuckle.

"Tiffany and Sam sat down at the table talking as I watched Y/N. "So what did you find on Barnes?" She asked. "He was the reason Tony's parents died" I said as she looked at me "really?!" She asked.

"Yeah he was the weapon for hydra to take out people from SHIELD." I explained as she looked at me "are you going to tell stark?" She asked as I shrugged "I don't know" I admitted as she continued mixing the batter in the bowl. I just looked at her

 I just looked at her

making her giggle. "What Steve?" She questioned in a giggle."You look pretty" I complimented as she looked up at me and smiled.

"Thank you, but don't change the subject" she said "what if that isn't a subject I want to be on right now?" I asked "God you're so annoying" she said then giggled as I chuckled

"How was church?" I asked "I found out a whole bunch of kids watch the news in this day and time" she brought up as I chuckled. "What happened?" I asked. "All the youth in the church came up to me after church and started talking to me about you and what happened and how I got involved it was a lot" she expressed "I bet, what you say?" I questioned.

"I'll tell them the story later. I'm still thinking about it myself and I can't get over it, I couldn't even sleep last night, last time I really slept was at the hospital" she admitted placing the batter in the pan and placing it in the oven. "Yeah it might be like that for a minute but you'll be fine" I assured.

"I know but I'm about to start classes and I need to be on my P's and Q's" She expressed as I faintly smiled. "Don't stress yourself out" I stated as she faintly smiled. Her phone started ringing as she answered it.

"Yes this is she" she started off then looked at me "yes he's right here" she stated. "Yes sir when?" She questioned as I watched her attentively. "Okay thank you" she thanked Before hanging up. "The president wants to meet with us" Y/N said "you two get to meet Barack and Michelle?!" Tiffany questioned.

"When?" I asked "the day after tomorrow so wear your suit I'm assuming" she said. Sam, Tiffany, Y/N and I talked for a while, ate some cake and then Tiffany left leaving Y/N, Sam and I sitting on the couch talking.

"Unlike you two I got places to be and faces to meet" Sam said grabbing his keys. "Where are you going?" I asked with a smirk. "Somebody about to tickle his little pickle" Y/N stated making us laugh. "Shut up" Sam said hitting Y/N with the pillow softly before placing his jacket on. He grabbed his keys "have fun" I stated. "I will" he said as Y/N smiled and waved as he walked out the door.

I just chuckled as Y/N shook her head laughing. "I should probably get going before my mother starts wondering where I'm at." She started off as I placed my arm over her and she looked at me and giggled. you think you're slick" She said sitting back on my chest as I smiled.

"What was in your envelope that fury gave you?" She asked "it was a check for 350 thousand" I stated as she smiled. "Me too so yes I'll be pulling up to the White House in a new whip" she said as I chuckled.
"You'll hear the bass of my music from down the street" she added as I laughed.

"But I'm getting a new place to stay, I'm really contemplating on moving back to New York" She said laying on my chest. "New York is expensive" I stated as she nodded "very but it was just a thought, I don't know what I'm going to do. I just know I'm leaving my mothers place ASAP" she said as I chuckled.

"What are you going to do?" She asked me "get a place, a car and try to live a normal life" I said as she giggled. "Yeah because you need it, you're so tense. You need to loosen up" She said sitting up and looked back at me.

"I am not" I stated as she laughed "yes you are, you were mad at me because I was protecting you" she expressed "no I was mad at you because you didn't tell me who you really were" I corrected "because I was protecting you" she said as I waved her off.

"That's why we bumped heads because you were mad at me" she stated. "You were mad at me too" I said "when was I ever mad?" She questioned "you were mad because I said we were just neighbors going out" I brought up. "I was not, I was joking" she said. "No I was mad because you were mad at me and you were being petty" she stated.

"Okay I was dragging on the situation" I admitted "yes you was" She said "okay" I simply said making her laugh. "You need to relax and go with the motion of things, this is the most I've ever seen you laugh or smile" She said as I smiled. "See i didn't even notice you having a dimple" she said touching my cheek as I chuckled.

"But let me go" she started off standing up as I stood up and she placed her heels back on grabbing her purse. I walked her out to the car and opened the car door for her. "Thank you" She thanked as I smiled.
"Let me know if you need me" I said as she nodded and closed her door.

I motioned her to roll her window down as she rolled it down and looked at me. I placed my lips on hers slowly kissing her lips. I pulled away slowly as her eyes were still closed. "I need another one for the road" she said as I chuckled placing my lips back on hers as she deepened it.

We pulled away as she smiled "good night" she said "good night" I stated as she rolled her window up and pulled off.