36.

✨Steve✨

Y/N and I were returning back to the avengers facility and I honestly had fun talking and getting to know her grandparents. They were nice and funny I really enjoyed them but I wanted to know what was going on with Y/N and her mother.

"I'm sorry for my grandparents they're a mess" Y/N said as I chuckled. "It's fine I like them, they're nice people" I said as she smiled. "What's the problem with you and your mother?" I asked as she sighed. "You're like the first person I told this too" she started off and paused "My mother is" I started off "she just has issues with me because of my father and what he's done to her. She feels as if he left us just to leave us but he left to protect us" she said.

"When I was growing up it was as if there was some resentment towards me. I would live with my grandmother time to time because of my mothers resentment. I used to try and confide in her when I had issues in my life and she basically told me to suck it up, told Me fury left because of me and made my problems seem smaller than her problem which was fury. She created a mentality for me that everyone was going to leave, which results in why I'm very independent" she explained.

"I'm sorry" I apologized as she shook her head "no it's fine, I knew I was going to have to tell you some day" she said. "That's why you didn't tell her about us?" I questioned as she nodded. "Nope although I've gotten older and we're a little more closer than before she can be verbally abusive and disrespectful so I still don't want her to know because I don't want to hear about you leaving me like my father did her or that God is going to get me because I'm having sex before marriage. I don't want to deal with her negativity and bitterness she's been negative my whole life every time I had something I thought was going good for me here comes her negativity" she explained as I seen her wipe a tear from her eye.

I grabbed her hand as she looked over at me and smiled some. "I'm sorry for trying to break up with you the other night before you left" she apologized.
"I understand why you were doing it but I wasn't going to let that happen" I started "you're not going to get away from me that easily" I said as she giggled.

"Thank you for understanding" She thanked as I smiled. "We have to understand where both people are coming from to make a relationship work, right?" I asked "and I really want this to work" I stated then looked over at her with a smile as she smiled back.

We made it back to the Avengers facility and got out the car. I locked the doors to the car as Y/N yawned. "I'm so tired" she expressed as I placed my arm over her shoulders and kissed her cheek as she smiled. We walked inside as it was quiet as a mouse.

I walked her to her room door and kissed her lips. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I deepened it wrapping my arms around her waist tightly. She brought me closer. Her hands slowly went to my chest. "Come on You two we got a schedule tomorrow" we heard. Y/N turned as I looked up and seen Sam. "Good night Sam" I said as he smirked.

"night" He stated going into his room, closing the door. Y/N looked at me as I dropped my head shaking it and she giggled. "Yeah we got to get up early" Y/N said as I smiled. "Love you, I'll see you in the morning" I said as she smiled "love you too" she said before going in her room and closing her door. I went to my room taking a shower, getting in the bed.

✨The Next Day✨

I was washed dressed and ready walking down the hallway shouting. "AVENGERS TIME TO WAKE UP!" I shouted as Sam peeked out his door and rubbed his eyes. "Can you get them up please?" I asked as he nodded.

I walked to the elevator as I pressed the button and looked back seeing Y/N come out her room dressed. I looked back again watching her as she walked up to me.

"Aight you feeding your soldiers breakfast or are they going to starve until after their run?" She joked as I chuckled

"Aight you feeding your soldiers breakfast or are they going to starve until after their run?" She joked as I chuckled. "morning" I said as she smiled "morning" she said as I handed her a file. We walked into the elevator as She looked through reading it.
I looked at her appearance. Her hair was in curls down her back as she had on a blouse, some white jeans and a pair of heels.

She moved her hair over her shoulder "she's interesting" she said as she finally looked at me and smiled

She moved her hair over her shoulder "she's interesting" she said as she finally looked at me and smiled. "Stop staring at me" she said hitting my arm playfully and walking out in front of me.

We walked into the kitchen area as I sat down at the table looking at all the new recruiter files. Y/N started making herself some tea and a bagel. "You want some coffee?" She asked "yeah I'll take one" I said as she started making it.

She handed me a cup then sat down with her bagel and tea. "Thank you" I thanked as she nodded sipping her tea. "You're welcome" she said before opening up the files on maximoff . She read over them as I watched her. "This Wanda girl is a trip, I like her" Y/N stated as I chuckled "it gets better" I said handing her visions file.

I read over it "Tony?" She asked as I chuckled and nodded. "Wait is this Jarvis?" She questioned. "No Jarvis is apart of vision. enhanced by the mind stone but Vision is a composite of Jarvis and Ultrons programming but he's grown past the synthetic input to a new person" I explained.

"He can change into an actual human?" She asked then looked at me intrigued. "Yeah" I said in a chuckle as she looked back at the files amazed. "Where have I been?" She questioned as I chuckled. "You didn't want to work for SHIELD remember?" I asked getting up and throwing my empty cup away.

"And I don't" she stated "so Why are you here?"I asked with a smirk. "Because my boyfriend needs help so I'm here" she said placing the files into my chest then smiled.