eleven

chapter eleven ~ the one with momHeather's POV

Heather's POV

My relationship with my parents was one that had seen better days because currently, there was no relationship. My Dad had moved to Las Vegas when Chandler and I were teenagers, and we saw him even less than normal after that. When he and my Mom were still together, we would hardly spend time with them because we both attended Boarding School, so the holidays were the only family time that we could get. When my Dad left and then Chandler went off to college, it was only me and my Mom for the holidays and that was tough. Then, she seemed to get bored of me and would plan to spend time with friends instead of looking after me. That was why, as soon as I got the chance, I went to college far away from my hometown and basically did what my brother did; stayed as far away from our parents as possible. Mom didn't give up easily though and kept tracking me down wherever I went, and every time she found me, it resulted in another massive argument that neither of us wanted to have.

The last time I saw her was when I introduced her to Carl and she disapproved of him. She had no good reason to disapprove of him because she didn't even give him a chance to get to know him, she just decided that he wasn't the right person for me and refused to see any other option. That was the final straw for me and I hadn't seen her since I kicked her out of my apartment in Michigan. Dad was a slightly different story, because I kept in contact with him even though he was in a different part of the country. He was happy that I was happy and didn't mind what the reason was; maybe it was because he had a slightly different outlook on life now that his life had changed so drastically. Either way, I was glad that he took my side and accepted that I was living my life the way that I wanted to, instead of just agreeing with my Mom about everything and living her life because that's not what I wanted.

"Are there no conscious men in the city for you two?" Chandler asked once we had heard the story of what Phoebe and Monica had done that day.

Monica shrugged. "He doesn't have anyone."

"Yeah, we feel kind of responsible." Phoebe added, none of us could believe that they had caused a guy to be in an accident and were now visiting him whilst he was in a coma.

"I can't believe you said woohoo, I don't even say woohoo." Joey laughed, finding the whole thing comical because he wasn't the one who messed up this time.

"Oh!" Ross got excited as he picked up the remote. "She's coming up!"

"Folks, when we come back, we'll be talking about her new book 'Euphoria Unbound.' The always interesting Nora Tyler Bing. You might want to put the kids to bed for this one."

"We don't have to watch this." Chandler argued, and I agreed, there was several other things I could think of doing instead of watching my Mom on television. "Weekend at Bernie's is on showtime."

"No way!"

"Come on, she's your Mom."

"Exactly, Weekend at Bernie's!"