three

chapter seventy ~ the one with slow dancingHeather's POV

Heather's POV

After a lot of contemplating, I decided that I couldn't take all of the credit for Melissa's project and made the decision that I wasn't going to ruin my career for one small jump in the right direction. I wanted to be successful in this career and to do that, I would have to work as hard as possible in my own way; which meant that I wasn't going to lie about everything now because that wouldn't be honest and could ruin my career before it had started. But I didn't have to go into work yet and break the bad news, so I headed over to see my friends; who would hopefully give me strength before I met Melissa for coffee as that was when I was going to break the news to her that I wasn't getting involved with her love life just to get some praise in the office.

Stepping into the apartment, I noticed that one of my friends, who lived there, was missing. "Where's Rachel?"

"She's taking the garbage out." Monica answered, concentrating on making breakfast for everyone which was one of the reasons why everyone always came over to this apartment, free food.

"Wait, what? Does she know where it is?"

Chandler looked up at me from his seat at the table. "Well, we'll find out in about two minutes."

Just when I was about to reply about how Rachel wouldn't have gone to the trash shoot, the door opened and our friend was revealed. Sure enough, she still had a pizza box in her hand which proved that she hadn't gotten rid of the garbage but for some reason she was crying; which confused most of us but Monica just found the whole thing irritating as she leaned over and snatched the box away. "God! If you're going to cry about it..."

Rachel, Chandler and Phoebe were sat at the table as Monica, Joey and I stood around them, listening to the story that Rachel was telling us about what had happened when she went to take the garbage out. Ross was leaning over from the couch as he wanted to hear the story but not enough that he wanted to lose his comfy seat. None of us could believe that Treeger had made her cry, he was a really friendly maintenance guy once you got to know him. When I was living with Chandler and Joey, I met him for the first time and he was super nice to me, maybe it was because I made him cookies after he cleaned the drains but I knew how disgusting that job was and knew that he needed a treat as a thank you.

Everyone was shocked at the story and Joey's jaw dropped. "Woah, Treeger made you cry?"

"Yes, he said really mean things that were only partly true." Rachel replied, wiping her tears with one of the yellow napkins that were on the table.

"I'm going down there and teaching that guy a lesson."

"Joey, please don't do that." Monica stopped him as he walked towards the door. "It's best if we forget about it."

"That's easy for you to say. You weren't almost just killed."

"Alright, that's it. School is in session!" He shouts before slamming the door behind him and we all tried to ignore the feeling that this wasn't going to end well. Because nothing that Joey ever did, ended well.