twenty

chapter eighty seven ~ the one with london Heather's POV

Heather's POV

The time had finally come. I still couldn't believe that Ross was getting married, it had all happened so fast and none of us had been prepared for this moment. Even though I wasn't completely supporting the relationship between him and Emily, there was no way that I was missing this wedding as I wanted to be present for all of my friends' big days. Plus, this wedding was in London and I had never been there before. Last night, Joey and I had spent the entire night on the phone, talking about how excited we were about going to London and I was so tired now that I was sure that I would sleep through the entire flight. Maybe that was a good thing though because I wasn't a massive fan of flying and sleeping through the journey would take my mind off the experience. Of course, it was bittersweet because two of our friends weren't coming with us; Phoebe wasn't allowed to fly this late in her pregnancy and Rachel was staying to look after her, we all knew that that was just a decoy because she didn't want to see Ross getting married but agreed not to say anything to the groom about it.

I was more than happy to accompany the rest of our friends to London and I couldn't believe how lucky we were to travel to another country just for a wedding. Ross had kept his invitations low because they wanted a small ceremony but I would have kicked up a massive fuss if I wasn't invited, Joey reassured me that they had to invite me because I was one of Ross's closest friends but I reminded him that Emily didn't seem to like me that much. Maybe it was because when we first met properly, she had kept thinking that I was the friend that had previously dated Ross and even when I reassured her that that never happened, she never fully trusted me. Although I would promise that it never happened and it would never happen, I think I would kill Ross before he could get close enough to date me.

Arriving at Monica and Rachel's apartment ten minutes before we had to go was the best decision that I had made because Monica was sure that we were going to be late if we kept hanging around the place. And the apartment seemed chaotic when I arrived, Ross was in a good mood as he made himself a drink and he should be in a good mood because it was his wedding, he was the one getting married. Chandler and Joey were busy getting themselves ready for the trip, double checking that they had everything they needed, including their passports as that was something someone was bound to leave behind. Then Monica was busy running through things with Phoebe, who was going to be staying at the apartment whilst we were gone; Rachel must have still been in her room as she was struggling with the idea of Ross getting married to someone else.

"Alright, let's do this!" Chandler said excitedly as we checked the time again, knowing that we needed to say our goodbyes and travel to the airport.

Ross drank the last of his juice and shouted. "Cheerio!"

"London, baby!" Joey said excitedly, as I smiled at his goofiness.

"Okay, because that's not going to get annoying."