seven

chapter thirty ~ the one with window kissingHeather's POV

Heather's POV

Central Perk is the one place that everyone goes when they need somewhere to think, even if you don't get to think very hard because you're distracted, sometimes that's better than actually fixing your problems. I headed over there after another brief alteration with my rude neighbour, he had messed with my post in the box downstairs and when I asked him about it, he pretended like he had no idea what had happened. Pinning it on the boss that I had slept with, saying that he was angry that I had given the baby up for adoption. No matter how many times I tried to get through to this man, he just kept pushing me further away and was coming up with more elaborate stories every time that I saw him.

The worst part was, now the stories weren't just being said to me. He was telling the rest of the tenants all of this fake information and now, they were all avoiding me. For some reason, he was nice and friendly to everyone else and was only rude to me. And because he had lived here longer and they knew him better, they trusted him and believed that I was some whore, who had to sleep her way into the building instead of paying for it with my own money. They whispered about me and refused to invite me to any parties or events that the building was hosting. It was like being in school all over again, only now, I was dealing with some immature man who hated me for no reason. I didn't know what to do about it, which was why I headed to Central Perk for a coffee, hoping that the beverage would clear my head.

"Hey Heather, come join us." Phoebe waved me over as I entered the Coffee House and I quickly came over, dropping my purse onto the table and leaning back on the couch.

"Rough day?" Chandler asked, although he looked more physically in pain than I did, my pain was more psychological.

"You could say that." I groaned, leaning my head onto Joey's shoulder because he was the closest to me and I needed some reassurance right now.

Rachel sat on the armchair and put down her tray. "So, how is the apartment?"

"It's good, really good. I really like it there, it's just, it's my stupid neighbour!"

Joey wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. "Still spreading those rumours about you, huh?"

"Yes! Now, no one is inviting me to their parties or talking to me in the hall; they won't even look at me. It's just so unfair, I don't even know this guy, why does he hate me so much?"

"Maybe he doesn't hate you." Phoebe said, making me snap my head in her direction.

"Trust me, he hates me."

"Not necessarily."

Chandler shook his head. "Have you heard what he said? He hates her."

"No, think about it. When you were in Kindergarten and you liked a girl, what would you do? You'd pull her pigtails, right? Boys don't know how to handle their feelings, so, they just bully the girl until they don't like her anymore."