three

chapter ninety one ~ the one with tripletsHeather's POV

Heather's POV

None of us could quite believe that Phoebe was having her babies, in just a few hours she would no longer be pregnant and the triplets would be born. Even now, it was hard for all of us to think about being parents, of course, Ross was already a father but I didn't count him; he seemed like the type of person who had been an adult in a child's body. Having kids was a massive thing for us but was something that he was ready for, back when he was twelve. I knew that I wanted kids but right now wasn't the best time to be planning something like that, I wanted to make sure that everything else in my life was stable first, before I went running around with kids. Sure, I believed that Joey could potentially be the right person for me to start a family with but we had only been together just less than a year and it was too soon to think that far ahead.

Being in the delivery room made things feel a little bit more realistic and that seemed to be the same case for Phoebe, who was kind of freaking out about the whole thing. Not only was she about to give birth to three babies but her doctor was late and she was worried that they would miss the birth completely which wasn't a great idea. Ross and Rachel had left to try to find someone who could tell them what was going on with Phoebe's doctor and the rest of us were trying to reassure her that everything was fine, well, some of us were reassuring and others weren't as helpful. Chandler was stuck in his own thoughts as the idea of having kids, scared him, literally scared him and Joey was messing around with a video camera which he had brought with him to document the birth.

Rachel stepped into the room first, approaching the bed hesitantly which meant that she didn't have good news. "Hi, so we just spoke to the nurse and the reason that your doctor is late is because she's not coming."

"What?" Phoebe questioned, and I had to put my hand on her shoulder to stop her from getting out of the bed.

"Apparently, she fell in the shower and hit her head." Ross explained, which made the rest of us wince just thinking about the accident.

Phoebe had a different reaction as she rolled her eyes. "Oh my God, she's so stupid."

"Phoebe, it's going to be okay."

"That's easy for you to say, I don't see three kids coming out of your vagina." She snapped, and even though Ross looked upset about being snapped at, the rest of us couldn't defend him because she was right. He didn't have three kids coming out of his vagina.

Rachel tried to calm her down by changing the subject, which we all silently agreed was our best option before she tried to kill someone. "Listen, the nurse said that the doctor is wonderful."

"He's the head of the department."

"Alright, ooh." Her expression changed drastically as she winced in pain, and we all crowded closer to her. "Oh, dear God, save me."