fourteen

chapter sixty ~ the one with waxine Heather's POV

Heather's POV

I still couldn't get over how lucky I was to have such good friends, because after telling my story to Joey, he had gone over to the company and had basically beaten up the employer who had been an ass. Even though after that interview I made up my mind that all men are asses, Joey was one of the good ones and was proving that men weren't all asses; just most of them were. Instead of being all sad and depressed about my pretty pointless life, I decided to try and stay positive. A positive thing was that I was surrounded by my friends, who loved and cared for me and I lived in a nice apartment which was paid for by my job. Of course, my job was the not so positive part of my life but I was working on that by handing out resumes to any Real Estate firm that I could find in the city. They probably wouldn't even consider my application but at least I was trying to get somewhere, instead of being content with my job in the diner.

Spending time with my friends was something that I was able to do a lot when I wasn't working and I was enjoying that; especially when we got to have fun afternoons together. After spending the morning in my apartment all alone, I decided to head over to Monica and Rachel's apartment because both Monica and I had the day off work today and because of that we were going to spend some quality time together. When I stepped into her apartment though, she wasn't alone and I didn't complain because Phoebe was also here for some quality friendship time but what confused me was what they were doing. Both of them were hunched over this cardboard box and kept giggling about whatever was inside, they hadn't noticed me yet, so I cleared my throat. "What are you guys doing?"

They jumped and turned to face me, sharing a look before Phoebe decided to throw Monica under the bus. "We're about to try out something Monica bought." I didn't know why it was such a big secret though because I wasn't going to judge them for whatever they were doing, I just wanted to know so that I could also join in.

"Well, what is it?"

"Don't judge me, okay? But this waxing stuff claims to not hurt at all."

"Waxine?" My mouth dropped open as I knew exactly what they were talking about and got way more excited than I should have about waxing stuff. "You bought Waxine?"

"Yes!" Phoebe clapped her hands and jumped on the spot. "Oh my God, have you ever used it?"

I shook my head and started jumping with her. "No, but I want to!"

"Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Spa day!" We said in unison as we grabbed the cardboard box and headed into the bedroom so that we could wax without getting interrupted. The three of us sat on the edge of the bed and applied the wax to our legs, carefully sticking the strips onto the wax and waiting to hear the rest of the instructions. I couldn't help but sway excitedly as I waited to try this stuff out; I had seen it advertised so much and was desperate to give it a go because everyone was talking about them. We gave Phoebe the instructions so that she could tell us what we needed to do, also because Monica and I were too excited to think straight and had basically covered our legs in the stuff so that we could get our legs painlessly waxed and looking amazing quicker than anyone else.