two

chapter ninety ~ the one with broken waterHeather's POV

Heather's POV

The pictures from the wedding had been developed and everyone was excited to see what kind of memories we had from the exciting trip to the other side of the world. I had noticed that the pictures from Joey's camera weren't mixed in with the ones that had been developed because he didn't want to risk everyone finding out about our relationship if they saw the two of us kissing in several shots that we got taken; he had lied about losing his camera on our way back to New York and everyone believed him because that was something that Joey would do. I was more than excited to see all of the memories of us in picture form as I believed that we didn't take enough pictures during our fun times together and this was a chance for us to enjoy looking back at some of the memories that we had made; even if the wedding wasn't a complete success.

Rachel was bummed out because she realised her feelings for Ross too late and now, he was married to a woman that truthfully, none of us liked very much because she kept toying with our friend's feelings. So, now that we were sifting through pictures of all of us in London for the wedding, Rachel really wasn't excited about seeing them. She was practically slouching on the armchair, not even touching her coffee as her mind went through all of the decisions that she had ever made which now led back to her loneliness right now. I was perched next to Monica so that I could see the pictures as she went through them, very touchy about who could hold them and apparently, I wasn't worthy enough so I had to make do, with seeing them over her shoulder. Chandler and Joey were both sat on the couch too, but neither of them was as bothered with the pictures as Monica and I were.

"Rachel, look, here's a really cute picture of you and Chandler at the reception." Monica tried to lighten the mood, ignoring the weird smile that my brother was making in the picture and holding it up so that Rachel could see it.

It was a nice picture and I kind of wished that Joey and I had spent more time at the reception so that we could be included in these pictures but the truth was, that whilst this party was going on downstairs, we were having our own in the bedroom. There were a few pictures that I was in from the ceremony, my red dress sticking out between the guests who basically wore black like they were attending a funeral but my wish was that Joey and I could have attended the wedding like a real couple and had real pictures together. Instead, in all of the developed images, we had to look like just friends and awkwardly stood next to the others. At least, in the camera that Joey had carried around the whole time, we had some memories of just the two of us which I would always cherish and would proudly show off once we had come clean about our relationship.

"Oh, he's married. Ross is married, I still can't believe it." Rachel sighed as she took the picture roughly and analysed it.

Monica almost had a heart attack. "Honey, by the edges."

"You know, I'm just going to have to accept it. It's my fault..."

"Rachel...edges...fingers...smudgy!"