sixteen

chapter eighty three ~ the one with the hulkHeather's POV

Heather's POV

Everyone was getting more excited as Phoebe's pregnancy carried on and we still couldn't believe that within a few months, she would have given birth. It was going to be hard, we all knew that and we all knew that we would support our friend through whatever she was going through. As much as I wanted to believe that I could do what she was doing, I knew that I wouldn't be able to and admired her so much for what she was doing for her brother. What made things more exciting was when she was told that she was going to pick one of the names for the babies, because on top of being pregnant, she was pregnant with triplets. We had bought her a baby name book which would hopefully help her to name the baby but when she came into the apartment, she looked deflated and I guessed that she hadn't had any luck.

"Hey, do we have a baby name yet?" Chandler asked, stepping away from the foosball table that he and Joey had just played a game on.

"No, it's so hard." She complained, sitting back into one of the armchairs as I came over and sat on the arm of the chair. "I went through this whole book and found nothing. I want a name that's really, you know, strong and confident, like Exxon."

"Well, it certainly worked for that Valdez kid." Chandler shrugged, but I shook my head, not liking that name.

"Oh!" Joey almost jumped in the air when a thought suddenly came to his mind. "Phoebe, you want a strong name? How about, The Hulk?"

"I don't know, I'm not sure about, Hulk. But I like the idea of a name starting with the."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, these names were very unusual, almost ridiculous and I would ensure that this poor child didn't end up with a stupid name. I was lucky that my parents didn't give me a stupid name, of course, I had been stuck with a stupid last name but there was nothing that they could do about that. The fact that my boyfriend was coming up with these stupid names too, made me worried that if we ever had a baby, that he would decide on naming it something stupid and I may be so high on whatever drugs they gave me for the delivery so I would agree to whatever came out of his mouth. Which judging from what name suggestions he's given Phoebe, could be anything. I would need to make sure that we had chosen a name, long before having the baby otherwise it could end up hating me for the rest of its life.

"You want a good name? Go with Joey. Joey is your pal; Joey is your buddy. Where is everybody? Well, they're hanging out with Joey!"

"If you're going to do that, if you're going to name him Joey then you should name him Chandler. Come on, Chandler's funny, he's sophisticated and he's very lovable, once you get to know him." My brother argued, hoping that this would work to his favour.

I could already tell that this wasn't going to end well and would somehow become a competition between the two guys as they fought over whose name was better. Burying my head in my hands, I tried to ignore them for as long as possible but it was hard when they were basically pushing each other out of the way, just so that they could name a baby after themselves. And the worst part was, that Phoebe actually seemed to be listening to them, like she was considering calling her nephew after one of her friends and that friend was either Joey or Chandler.