thirteen

chapter thirteen ~ the one with the other womanHeather's POV

Heather's POV

I was on cloud nine, that's what I was supposed to feel like, anyway. I was newly engaged which meant that I should be getting butterflies constantly and get nervous but excited about planning my wedding and I should be having mad sex with my fiancé as we constantly talk about our future together. But the truth was, I wasn't feeling any of those things. It was like the engagement hadn't even happened because Carl was back to working all the time and we hadn't spent any time together since he 'proposed', technically he didn't even propose, I just found the ring and he told me that it was an engagement ring. I wish that when people asked me about how he did it, there was more of a romantic story about it, not just that it happened by accident. I wish that he was actually showing an interest in our big day but to be honest, I wasn't looking forward to it either.

This whole thing didn't make any sense. When you get engaged, you're supposed to be looking forward to spending the rest of your life with that person but right now, I didn't want to spend another day with him. Not when he was acting like this. Before the accidental engagement, I thought that we were making progress and that he actually cared about me like he did when we first met but now that he was back to ignoring me, I was realising that this wasn't working out the way that it was supposed to. It was like we weren't even in a relationship anymore, let alone, getting married. And I hated it, not only the fact that my fiancé didn't seem to want to be my fiancé but also that my Mom could possibly be right and that he could break my heart. I truly cared about him but I didn't know if that was enough for a marriage to work.

Whilst all these worrying thoughts were messing around in my head, I was also trying to help my friends with their problems and currently, it seemed like Joey was struggling the most. His Father was in town visiting and somehow Joey had found out that his Father was having an affair. He was disgusted that his Father would do something like that to his Mother and was trying to work out what the best way was to handle a situation like this. I didn't really know what to say because I hadn't been in a situation like this before, but knew that he needed support right now and I could happily be there to support him with whatever choice he decided to make about this mess.

"It's like if you woke up one day and found out your Dad was leading this double life. He's like, actually some spy working for the CIA. That would be cool. This just blows."

"I know, why can't parents just stay parents? Why do they have to become people?" Rachel agreed with him but then noticed that Chandler was staring at a particular part of her body. "Why can't you stop staring at my breasts?"

"What?"

I gasped, smacking his shoulder at his rude behaviour. He was an adult but still acting like a teenager when it came to things like this. "Chandler, totally inappropriate!"

"Did you not get a good enough look the other day?" Rachel questioned, stepping away from him and sitting on the couch besides Joey.

"Alright, we're all adults here. There's only one way to resolve this." Ross explained, making everyone think that he was going to say something serious but in reality, he was just as childish as his best friend. "Since you saw her boobies, I think you're going to have to show her your pee-pee."