Can i be him

DISCLIAMER!

In this James author does not exist ok ok so his song will be Mike's song.

Mike was a boy of many things, he could play basketball like a professional, he could dance, and he could model. All those aspects are an amazing thing to have but none of those really suited mike.

One thing he enjoyed doing was singing. He loved singing so much but he only did it around his family and close friends. It wasn't because he was scared to mess up or bullied but more so it was because he didn't know if he had what it took.

He wanted to try it publicly that was dream at the moment. So when the principal had asked him to perform an original song he was down and he couldn't wait. It was honestly out of the blue. He didn't know but Kobe had over heard the principal talking about their chorus needed money for travel and he suggested the principal talk to mike.

So now Mike sat in his room on his beanbag strumming his guys'd strings. He had already had an idea for the song and was pumped.

"What are you doing?" Derek asks from Mikes bed. Mike blushes from the attention, he had a huge crush on Derek and he's always tried his best to just keep it to himself but lately that's been really hard since he's had to witness his own crush dating anyone who wasn't him.

"Just finishing up this song for tomorrow's performance at school." Mike says.

Derek nods and goes back to doing whatever it was on his phone and mike just sat their looking at him and really taking in as much as he could.

Derek was the reason Mike even sang in the first place. Yes he's always had a passion for it but never was too serious until Derek wrote a few song with him. 

Every song always had a back story that was their way of writing and Mike stuck to that.

Soon though after he had gotten into a relationship there was no time to sing or write and Mike hated that Derek just up and left for someone who's so toxic.

Tomorrow could potentially change everything. For the good or the bad, that's yet to be determined but he was tired of holding in how he felt so he wanted to be able to finally let his best friend know how he really and truly feels.

Shaking his head, Mike goes back to writing and humming trying to make sure that this song is perfect.

Later on that night Derek was still over at his house and was quietly watching YouTube while Mike was still in his own world.

That was until Derek got a FaceTime call and practically screams in excitement showing Mike who was calling him. Of course being his best friend he just smiled and hyped him up.

"Is my hair ok?" Derek asks frantically. Mike just smiles again and nods his head.

"Of course bubba you look perfect." He says. To anyone else it would seem as if Mike was just flirting which he was but to Derek it was just a sweet gesture and nothing more.

"Thanks budd." He says back and answers the long awaited call.

Mike unwilling sat their and watched as Derek and his boyfriend talked and talked and talked. It broke him honestly. That's when he decided that instead of just sitting their performing on a chair he'd make this song mean everything.