˗ˋ 02

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 ::  ep.5 pt.2┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

The celebrations lasted for a while, everyone hugging and clapping and cheering

The celebrations lasted for a while, everyone hugging and clapping and cheering. All thirteen of them would be staying in I-Land - it was something worth celebrating like that.

But when it was over, they went upstairs to rest, tired out. Lina ended up crashing in the purple room, falling asleep at the end of Jungwon's bed - him also falling asleep not long after her.

She woke up to the others filing Jungwon (who had a rather unusual sleeping habit of moving his hands). Groaning, she got up knowing she should return to her, Heeseung's and Geonu's room, but she made it literally five steps before sitting back down by Sunghoon and falling asleep almost instantly.

Woken up later by the very boy she fell asleep on, Lina was told that I-Landers had been called to the lobby.

She shuffled her way down there, sitting down in her chair and almost falling asleep there, one of the boys nearby tasked on keep nudging her awake.

They wouldn't need to for long, as the system began explaining the final test of part one - and Lina was wide awake.

"Congratulations to all the I-Landers who survived until now." It began, Chaerin blinking wearily, trying to force herself awake. "From now on, we'll reveal the fourth test of I-Land."

At these words, Lina sat bolt upright, any remaining tiredness gone and her sudden actions causing a ripple of laughter from the boys.

On the screen in front of them, the words 'The Final 13' appeared, and Chaerin shivered, already feeling nervous.

"This test will determine the final thirteen members. Only those thirteen people will go onto the final competition to debut. The test won't take the original joint responsibility process. Through the choice of I-Landers, producers, and the votes of the world, we will determine the final thirteen people, who will be eligible to continue on the competition to debut." The voice said.

"I'm so done for." Lina muttered to herself in French. When it came to talking to herself, she often chose a different language - so people wouldn't understand. And in this case, she knew it was bound to make people worry.

"I'm the only girl with twenty three other boys!" Her voice raised, still speaking quick French. "The general public won't like me! I might as well say goodbye now."

"Chae..?" Heeseung sounded concerned and extremely confused. She glanced at him, before shrugging, smiling and falling quiet, leaning forward and balancing her elbows on her knees, worrying.

"The I-Landers who will be eliminated by this test will be three by I-Lander's choice, and another three by the producer's choice. So, a total of six I-Landers will be eliminated." Lina's eyes widened slightly - a guaranteed six of them would be going, and it was pretty harsh.

"The six people who got eliminated will have to wait on the global vote with the Grounders." The system continued.

Then, a pause, letting the news sink in. But then, a video appeared on screen, displaying the video of the choreography for the final task, as well as playing the song.

It finished, and then the lyrics were shown, the countdown of the usual week appeared. As usual, the first thing they needed to do was decide lines.

Despite feeling nervous about the global vote, Chaerin decided she wanted to try something new and try for part one. But K beat her too it, putting his pitch forward first.

"Is there anyone else who would like part one?" Seon asked, and Lina hesitated for a moment, before raising her hand. She was fully awake now, and trying her best not to fiddle with things and appear more confident in herself then she felt.

"I think you'd do well." K said, from across the circle. Confused, Lina looked over at him, her hand wavering.

"But don't you want to do it?" She asked. "Maybe I shouldn't. You or Kyungmin would be better for the role."

"Chae." Jay interjected, and with her hand falling to her lap, Lina looked over at him. "You know you would do great."

"Yeah but maybe K or Kyungmin would do better. I might want to but others might think that they're better choices." Chaerin had gone into a slight spiral of self doubt, far too concerned about the global vote.

"Let's vote before she can fully take herself out." Heeseung said quickly, Seon nodding and all three of those who wanted the part closed their eyes.

Seon carried out the vote, and soon enough, Lina, K and Kyungmin were opening their eyes. Only to hear that Chaerin had gotten the part, despite her doubts.

Shocked, her jaw dropped, but a bubble of excitement formed there, bowing as everyone clapped.

Part two went to K, part three went to Heeseung, part four was Sunghoon, part five was Geonu, part six was Jungwon, part seven was Jay, part eight became Seon, part nine became Jake, part ten was EJ, part eleven was Jaebeom, part twelve was Youngbin, and part thirteen went to Kyungmin.

And with the voting over, they returned upstairs, taking a visit to the item room and seeing the style of clothes they would wear, as well as everything else. They all got slippers (something which everyone was very excited about), and decided to have food and go to bed.

They needed their sleep - tomorrow practise for the final test would begin, and Lina would need to be awake for practically every moment she could.

She was the centre, after all.

teamwork makes the dream work

[ 💌 ]