The sharp knife of a short life.

Its like 3am and your girl can't sleep the night before Halloween, here have some angst.

Question of the day/night: What's your head cannon voices for my boys?

~Listen to 'If I die young' By Michael Henry and Justin Robinett for Jasper's voice.~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He only had a few seconds to react once the blade slid across his throat like butter, the beautiful blue eyes he had fallen for bore into his fading ones with hate.

Her eyes lacked any tears, she dropped the blade and ran out of the bedroom without looking back, leaving her fiancé to die.

He reached out for the woman as she fled, his other holding tightly to the wound as it bled  heavily.

His weak body leaned over the side of the bed, blood coating the floor in a puddle, reflecting his own broken heart.

He gasped to call out to her, yet all that could be heard was the gargling of his blood dripping down his chin.

A golden pocket watch had fallen to the floor, its heavy chain clicking on the wood, time seeming to stop as dust filled the room.

A wedding band had fallen onto the floor with a loud clatter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A spirit was said to haunt that old mansion, townsfolk swore that they could see the broken hearted monster gazing out at the sunset, only to be gone in the blink of an eye.

The gates screeched loudly in agony as they were slowly pushed open, many footsteps could be heard walking up the worn driveway filled with cracks and weeds.

"Its a little bit of a fixer upper, but it'll look great with a little elbow grease!" A woman says with a cheerful smile.

"If we fixed it up it'd still be a piece of shit." A scoff was heard from behind her, the short male crossed his arms.

"Ma, how old is this place?" The Irish boy asks, leaning against the car his mismatched eyes looking over the front of the rundown mansion.

"No one has lived in it since the 1800's. But! That means we can paint it and design it how we want!" The woman smiles, holding up two paint cans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had taken over a week for the kitchen to finally be functional. And the angel had spent his time making it as pink as possible.

However, the more and more the house was being repaired and repainted, the angel had wandered up the grand staircase, maybe it was time he called dibs on a bedroom before anyone else could.

The house was massive and held at least eight guest bedrooms! The angel wandered down the halls curiously, his wings keeping him off the floor as to not fall through it until it got fixed.

At last, it seemed he finally found the master bedroom, the doors had been shut, yet worn with rusted from weather damage.

The angel twisted the handle, and when it wouldn't budge, he shoved it harshly with his shoulder.

Once opened, he began to cough at all the dust and the musty smell of old books and.. A slightly crimson scent? Must be the rust he thought.

Curious eyes widened in surprise at the fully intact bed sitting in the middle of the large bedroom. It was covered in soft purple blankets, a bedside table in the corner of the room with a broken lamp knocked over on the floor.

It by far seemed to be the most lived in part of the whole mansion, besides the broken mirror by the closet, but that could be fixed.

The angel gently tiptoed across the wooden floor, the air felt..colder the closer and closer he had gotten to the left side of the bed.

The faint scent of lavender could be found on the sheets, with the sweet smell of vanilla. Something had hit his boot, looking down, the angel saw an old.. Pocket watch?

He carefully picked it up in his gloved hands, the hands on the clock had stopped. It had to be with millions by now, however.. His rosy eyes looked over it and the scent got stronger.

Looking down at the floor once more he saw a wedding ring? It was still shining a bright gold. Maybe the people who lived here before them left it?

He tucks it away in his satchel along with the pocket watch, he would wash them later.

The blankets on the bed looked clean enough to be brand new, maybe after a wash they could still use them. Until.. He pulled it back to see the blood soaked sheets underneath.

He had fallen back in horror a frightened gasp leaving his mouth as his eyed widened.

"I'm sorry you had to see that.."

The angel turns his head to the sudden appearance of a new male sitting on the end of the bed, his back to him as he rested his head in his hands.

"Perhaps I should have done a better job at keeping this room locked..."

The angel was in shock, the male sitting on the bed lacked legs, instead having a glowing violet ghostly tail, it flowed like smoke in the wind.

"You may want to toss this away too as to not scare the others." The ghost says, in his right hand he held a old dagger.

It was a like standard kitchen knife, however it had a golden handle with a cursive V carved into the handle. The blade was short with old bloodstains running down it.

'"I'm sure the old landlord didn't tell you this is where I was killed. Then again, its hard to speak when you're as dead as a door nob."  The ghost let's out a empty chuckle then rises to face the angel.

His eyed were hypnotic, the right one ticking away like an old clock while the other glowed a deep lavender, sadness hidden within them.

"But please, before you go, leave the watch on the mantle please.."

As scared as he was, all the angel felt was heartbreak at the way the ghost's voice cracked, tears threatened to fall.

The angel slowly nods, holding out the old pocket watch to the ghost, transparent hands gently took it.

The watch dangled from his side, clipped securely to his ebony vest. He sends the angel a sad smile.

"Thank you.. Please carry on with your construction, I won't be a bother to you or your family at all. Your mother seems to be a lovely Lady."

Before the angel could reply, the ghost was gone, leaving specks of purple smoke in his wake, and the ever present scent of lavender.

End.

I don't really know what this was, I wanted to write something. And yes, the outcast mansion is Jasper's old house. And his old room did end up being Creator's office.