[1.9]

𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞: 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭: 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐨 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐓𝐨 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥

______________________

*Genevieve*

Sitting down on the couch, I watched as Rose paced around the room, her face strained as she rambled on about her seething anger towards Edward, continuing with her stream of insults as the rest of the family, minus Edward and Carlisle, all joined us a few minutes later. 

Poor Esme had tried her best to pacify the situation, her eyes wide with worry as she looked at Rose's fuming figure.

"Why don't we just kill her? Hm?" Rose asks, looking around the room.

"No, Rose," Edward said, appearing in the room, his face tense as he looked up at her, with a new type of fire appearing in his eyes. "We aren't killing her."

"You! Do you know what you did?" Rose hissed out, pointing her finger accusatorily at him.

"Rose, let's just-"

"No!" Rose shouted, cutting off Esme as she continued to stare at Edward furiously. "You just exposed us all for what? Some human? Do you know what position you just put us all in? Hm?"

"Rose, I'm sure Edward already knows-"

"So now what? What are we going to have to do to clean up your mess?" Rose continued, cutting off Carlisle in her fit of rage. We all fell silent as we took in what she said, Emmett stepping up and gently pulling her back from Edward, who just looked at her with a determined expression.

"We're not killing her Rosalie," he bit out, his gaze meeting hers, neither of them backing down.

"Maybe we should," Jasper said, his eyes watching Edward carefully. "She's a danger to the family. Today's just an example... what if that happens again... what if it's worse?"

"No," it wasn't Edward who responded to Jasper, but Esme. "We can't kill her. She didn't mean for any of this to happen. She doesn't deserve to be punished for something that she couldn't control."

Jasper paused, taking in was Esme said before looking back at Edward. "She still poses a threat to the family. She's too much of a risk-"

Carlisle paused, glancing at Esme before looking at the rest of us, "if it really does get to become too much we could always move on-"

"No," Rose snaps, turning her sharp gaze from Edward to Carlisle, who was just trying to mediate the situation, "I'm not going to start my sophomore year in high school again. Besides, it's actually nice here. I mean, there's so little sun that we get to be almost normal."

I bite my lip as I share a glance with Theo, who looks rather bored at the whole situation. But I know him well enough to know that he was secretly seething on the inside, agreeing with Jasper's views of how to handle the situation.

"I'm sorry," Edward said, looking to Rose, then Jasper, then Theo, then to everyone else. "I didn't mean to put any of you at risk. It was thoughtless and I take full responsibility for my hasty action."

I send a glare his way as I let out a little huff of indignation. "What does 'take full responsibility' mean? Hm? Are you going to be the one to clean up the mess? Are you going to be the one who fixes everything? Hm?"

"I'm not going to kill her if that's what you mean," he replied curtly. "But I'm willing to leave if that makes things better."

"No," Esme looked over at him with a determined look in her eye. "No, Edward. You're not leaving, we'll figure something else out."