38

"Merry Christmas!", Win said energetically as he barged into his house and rushed to find his parents to give them a big warm hug. Bright on the other hand got into his house with Joss and Luke and greeted his parents calmly. It's been almost 8 months since they've been apart from each other.

"I'll go keep our bags in my room", Joss told Luke before leaving him with Bright and his parents. Luke didn't really feel awkward around the parents since they already knew him as Bright's friend from high-school. Though they would have never expected Joss to date him, they weren't against it at all. Instead they were extremely happy since they knew Luke was a good kid.

"So who is hosting tonight's special dinner? Us or them?", Bright asked him mom while looking for some juice from their fridge.

"We are doing it tonight. We have already set up the barbecue pit in our backyard since that's what they wanted"

"Ohh fun!"

Just then Win's mom came into Bright's house with some pudding and placed it on the table before hugging Bright and Luke.

"The city life has changed you. In a good way of course! And look at you! How's Japan?"

"It's really nice auntie. Different from Thailand of course. I missed all of this", Luke said politely with a smile and took the pudding to Bright's mother who was preparing for later that day.

"There's not a day that goes by without one of us hearing about you two at work", Win's mother told Bright as she sat down with him on their couch. It was pretty normal for them. In fact Bright and Win's mom were really close that they used to sit and talk for hours when he was in highschool.

"Why is that?"

"You two have become so popular of course"

"We're not that popular auntie. Come on"

"Still the same old Humble Bright. I'm glad you stuck on to that"

"WHATS GOING ON HERE?", Win said coming in with his father now. The whole family was now over at Bright's place to help out and it was chaotic, but definitely fun!

Win had made the parents promise him that they won't decorate their special Christmas tree because it was Win, Bright and Joss that always did it. Well mostly Win and Joss because Bright wasn't too interested in all of this but he was always dragged into it. This time since Luke was joining in as well it made the process way more easier and fun. Bright occasionally took pictures of the boys decorating the tree and the parents laughing and cooking. This was always the best part of the year for the two families.

Hours went by and the food was starting to get ready. Everyone got changed for the evening and started to lay out the different dishes in the table that was set out in Bright's backyard. Win and Bright's father had started the fire in the barbecue pit and started cooking some chicken on that already. Luke got off the phone after video calling his friends from Japan and even his parents. Joss too had come in between the call when he was talking to his parents. They had asked Joss to visit them sometime which he was planning to do when Luke was going to Chiang Mai. Just for a few days.

"First Christmas party as my boyfriend huh?", Bright said leaning on the frame of Win's bed room door as he watched Win button up his shirt. They had just managed to have a quick make out session while the rest of the crowd was at Bright's house.

"We should get going", Win giggled and lightly pushed Bright out of the way so that he could get out but Bright quickly blocked him.

"Do we have to?"

"Yes. I'm hungry"

"Wow you're choosing food over me?"

"Well, yes"

"I'm hurt"

"Get used to it Bright", Win said patting his back and rushing out before Bright decides to attack him again.

"Merry Christmas!"

I just realised. It's almost time for Christmas! Hope you liked this chapter! Thanks for reading!