Unreqited pt.2

A/N: slighttttt Tony x reader on this one.

Her smile alone was enough to light up some of your darkest nights, the one she sported now was no different. The laugh that came with it made your heart do somersaults in your chest.

   The only downside was that you weren't the one bringing this happiness to her. Your eyes drifted from the beaming redhead to the woman she had an arm wrapped around.

   Wanda was sporting a matching smile to Natasha's as she leaned against her a bit. They were the perfect little happy couple, stuck in their honeymoon phase despite all the chaos the world threw them into.

    They kept each other sane and stable. You used to do the same for Natasha, not long ago.

   Sipping the beer you had in hand you turned away from the group that consisted of Steve, Clint, Sam, and the oh so happy couple. You didn't think you could stand looking at their smiles and being reminded that she was now happy without you.

  It was partially your fault however, you were the one who pushed them together after all. Had you not encouraged Natasha to go after Wanda four months ago you may still have had a shot with her. Way to sabotage yourself.

   Sighing to yourself you walked further away from the crowd that had gathered at Clint's homestead for a small party. There wasn't any special occasion, everyone had just decided that you all needed a break. So you had all made arrangements and planned on staying with Clint and his family for the next week.

    With Wanda and Natasha being as cute as they were you could already foresee yourself resenting not staying back at the compound. At least if you would have stayed there you wouldn't have to worry about having your heart broken every five seconds.

    The chatter and laughter of your teammates was nothing but a dull hum by the time you got to the tree line. You were a few yards out of reach of the firelight here. It was the perfect place to clear your mind without wandering off too far.

   Planting yourself down in the grass you leaned against a tree and sighed before looking down at the bottle in your hands. You wanted nothing more than for this heavy sorrow you felt in your chest to vanish. 

   This was supposed to be a happy and relaxed time. You were supposed to be happy for her, so why weren't you? You loved her right? If she was happy then you were happy. You just needed to keep telling yourself that.

   The sound of footsteps approaching drew you from your thoughts. Your eyes flicked up to meet the person in question. "You look like you need something a bit stronger," Tony said, holding up his flask and shaking it a bit.

   "That obvious huh?" You asked and reached out for the flask. He handed it to you with a soft chuckle. "It's like you have your own little storm cloud over your head."

    Shaking your head you set the beer bottle down beside you before taking a long swig of whatever Tony had decided to bring along. "Scotch, nice choice." He hummed in response before sitting down next to you with a soft groan.

   "You alright there old man?" You teased slightly earning a laugh from him. "Careful there I'm not that much older than you." Raising an eyebrow you tilted your head. "Tony, you're 13 years my senior."

   "Really?" He asked before chuckling and leaning back against the tree. "We're getting old." Nodding you hummed. "Just a bit."

    A comfortable silence fell over the two of you. You began to fiddle with the flask as Tony gazed off into the area where the team was still gathered. "You know, I know how you feel." He said, breaking your peaceful silence. Glancing over at him studied him for a moment before shaking your head and looking away.