Since when?

A/N: Still a highschool AU but you two aren't students

You leaned back in your chair as you looked over an email that had just been sent out about an upcoming assembly. You sighed and shook your head. There goes planning for Thursday. Shaking your head slightly you looked away from the computer screen and down at the stack of papers you had to grade with a slight frown.

"All right yall," you said calling out to your class. "First to put their hand up wins. Who wants to help me grade these papers for, I don't know, chips or something." You shrugged coming up with a reward on the fly.

Instantly, hands shot up. "Okay Sadie, you're up." The girl gave out a small cheer as the rest of her classmates groaned. You chuckled as she got up and walked over to your desk before pulling up a chair. You handed her a stack of papers and the rubric. "You know the drill." Was all you said before getting to work on grading your own stack.

It would be lunch in about 20 minutes and you honestly could not wait to get something to eat, you could already feel your oncoming headache.

As if the universe had heard your silent plea for food your classroom door opened to reveal Natasha holing a plastic back with food from the local Chinese restaurant down the street.

"Well hello, there Mrs.Romanoff." You greeted with a gleeful look. Had the students not still been on the room Nat would have teased you or cracked some sort of joke, but she had a reputation to uphold.

Natasha was notorious around the school for being the no-nonsense, no sympathy kind of Math teacher that everyone had and everyone hated. It was in stark contrast to you as you were the laid back, easy-going History teacher that everyone knew and wished they had. You truly did love each and every one of your students and as such you felt they needed a relaxed environment where they would feel safe to vent. Nat on the other hand felt a more tough-love approach was needed. She loved these kids as you did but felt they would get nowhere if they were coddled.

In a way, the two of you were the dream team. She stressed them out and you helped them destress.

"I bring the goods." She said in a good-natured tone as she walked over to your desk and set the bag down on a stack of empty folders. You instantly sat up in your seat and opened the bad as she pulled up a chair.

"Wait, hold on," Sadie spoke up from across from you. "Hmm?" Came your hum as you were nose deep, looking through the delicious smelling bag.

"Did you say "Mrs.Romanoff"?"

Your face scrunched in confusion as you looked up at Sadie and raised an eyebrow. Before you could respond another voice sounded from across the room. "As in shes married?" The boy, Quinn, asked you.

When you looked over at Natasha to gauge her reaction she simply shrugged her shoulders and gave you smug-ish. Letting out a soft chuckle you looked back over the class. "Yes, Mrs.Romanoff is married."

"I'm praying for that person, they must be extremely patient". A part of you wanted to be mad at the comment that came from another girl who gained a look from her friend that told her to shut the fuck up, but you couldn't. You also couldn't help the laugh that escaped you that caused Nat to lightly hit your chest.

"Hey!" You pouted. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I don't see how you get any work done in here when you're no better than them, always playing around."

Her comment earned her a few glares from the students which she paid them absolutely no mind. "You know, Ashley was right, it's a miracle I put up with you every day." The class went completely silent before you looked up and looked upon about 20 shocked expressions.

"WAIT!" Austin practically yelled in disbelief. "YOU'RE MARRIED!? SINCE WHEN!?"

"Lower your voice," Nat scowled him with a soft glare causing you to give her a look and a frown. "Nat..." you said in a warning tone before holding hers and your left hands up, wedding, and in Natasha's case, engagement rings on display.

"We've been married for 5 years." You said, not missing the small smile that played at Natasha's lips. "But you have different last names!" Mary exclaimed.  "Well no actual, both of our names are Romanoff-L/N. She just goes by Romanoff here and I go by L/N." You shrugged.

Before another question could be thrown your way the lunch bell rang. "Alright everyone, I can tell you all want to continue this little discussion so we will on Monday. If I don't see you tomorrow have a good weekend no shoo!" You said playfully, flicking your hand yo signal for them to leave.

Once the classroom emptied out you looked over at Natasha who finally let a full smile spread across her face. "You should smile like that around the kids more, maybe it'll make up for how much of a hard-ass you are."