Movie night

A/N: Until further notice, these will all be highschool AU, I can't help it.

Warning : slight cheating

"You getting off anytime soon?" Nat asked her boyfriend in a slightly annoyed tone. She and Bucky had a movie date in about an hour and he didn't seem to have any intention to get off the game anytime soon.

"Nat, I told you, I'll be ready just let me finish up this match." He said clearly growing agitated with her. Nat stared at Bucky before sighing. She would have believed him if he hadn't said that 5 matches ago.

"Just be ready Bucky." She said before quickly hanging up not even entirely sure if she wanted to go on the date anymore. Bucky let out a frustrated huff into his headset.

"You alright there buddy?" Sam asked over the mic causing Bucky to nod his head despite the fact that his friends couldn't see him. "Yeah it's just," he sighed. "Nat's nagging me about this damn date we have tonight. I told her I'll be ready, I really just want her to chill the fuck out ya know?"

Everyone in the party went silent before there were a few soft noises of agreement. No one actually agreed with him but when it came to Bucky all you could really do was smile and nod along to whatever the hell he was saying.

"Sure thing Buck," Steve responded. "You got time for another round?" Bucky looked at his phone. 45 minutes until the date. He let out a soft chuckle and shrugged.

"Yeah, I got time."

Nat checked her phone. And sighed. There were only 20 minutes until the date and Bucky hadn't called her to tell her he was coming to get her.

She was losing hope.

This wasn't the first time Bucky had stood her up. He did it with their last date, coming up with some bullshit excuse that was so stupid she didn't even care to remember it.

'God I'm so stupid' She thought to herself as she plopped down on her back. She shouldn't have believed him when he promised to take her this time. But she felt apart of her needed to believe him.

She couldn't recall when things had gone wrong with him. They were just fine a few months ago and then suddenly he changed. He stopped putting as much effort into their relationship but putting in just enough effort to keep her on the hook. She shook her head as angry and frustrated tears pricked her eyes.

She felt trapped. She knew she could leave him and just be done with the whole situation but a bigger part of her kept telling her they could fix it and not to give up on him just yet. Her heart was practically begging her not to leave him and leave it lonely.

That was it, wasn't it? She let out a cynical laugh. It wasn't that she actually cared for Bucky anymore, or at least not as much as she used to. No, it was simply because she didn't want to be alone. Maybe that was why he stayed too...

She checked the time again. 10 minutes left. Welp, there goes that showing. In anger, she pulled up Bucky's contact fully ready to give him a piece of her mind but something stopped her. Her finger hovered over the call button before she swiped off his contact. She hit call on another and drew her bottom lip between her teeth as it rang.

"Yes ma'am?" You answered the phone in a cheerful tone that brought a small smile to Natasha's face.

"H-hey Y/N." She said, surprised at just how shaky her voice was. How long had she been crying?

"Nat, what's wrong?" Your voice instantly switched to one of concern and she could practically hear you sit up through the phone. A sad laugh escaped her before she broke down and explained everything as hot tears ran down her cheeks. You didn't try to interrupt her. Instead, you sat and listened, anger rising in your chest with every word she spoke and every small sniffle she gave off.