A New Reality

A/N: Since I'm still working on requests and have yet to finish any I'll give y'all this since I've been working on it on and off.

"Nat, Y/N, how you guys doing in there?" Steve asked over coms. Grunting you ducked behind a wall, shielding Natasha with your body by trapping her against it you sighed. "Give us a sec, will ya Rogers?"

You looked down at Natasha who nodded at you before the two of you jumped out from your cover. You held out your hand and sent a wave of fire down the hall to where the HYDRA soldiers were standing while she unloaded two clips in their direction.

When the cries of pain ceased from them men and the fire dissipated to reveal the burned and bullet-riddled bodies you sighed again.

"It never gets easier does it?" You asked the redhead beside you. She had let her hair grow out again and cut off all the white. You had to admit you missed this look on her, it reminded you of when the two of you were younger and missions were so much simpler.

"No darling, I'm afraid they don't." She chuckled after reloading her pistols. Holding one out in front of her she nodded down the hallway. "Let's see what they were guarding, yeah?"

Giving her a curt nod the two of you made your way down the hallway on high alert, ready for any soldiers that would decide to rush you.

When you two finally made it to the end of the hall you were met with a door with a slight blue glow coming from underneath. "Well, that can't be good." You mumbled softly. Natasha shook her head before calling over coms. "Hey Cap, we've got a room we're gonna check out, we'll keep you updated."

"Be careful you two," Steve grunted back. "Always Cap, always." You said with a small smile tugging at your lips.

With that you and Natasha pushed into the room, weapons ready for a fight. To your surprise, there was no one in the room, only a singular glowing orb in the middle of it.

You and Natasha shared a look before slowly walking closer to the orb. "Like I said, can't be good." You muttered softly earning a slight smirk from your wife.

Natasha moved closer to the orb slowly. Her eyes flicked across the seemingly stable experiment. Finally, she leaned back and looked at you. "No clue what this is, but best to call it-" she paused as the doors behind you flung open and a small projectile skidded across the floor.

"Grenade!" You yelled and dove into Nat, tackling her behind a nearby control booth. The explosion caused you to instinctively press yourself closer to Nat to make sure she was fully protected.

"You alright?" You panted looking down at her. She nodded her head and opened her mouth to speak before her eyes widened at something just beyond your shoulder.

"Y/N, Move!" But before you could even think to react you felt a cold rush through you, and then the world went black.

————————————

Soft rays of sunshine were what stirred Scarlett awake. A deep groan elicited from her throat as she pushed her face further into her pillow to block out the bothersome light. Only when she felt slight movement beside her, did she raise her head again.

A soft smile graced her tired features as her eyes roamed over the sleeping woman beside her.

She couldn't stop herself from leaning in and pressing a gentle kiss to her lover's nose. "Baby," she called softly in her raspy morning voice. "Wake up." She pressed another kiss to her nose before moving to her cheek, then the other.

"Mmmmm, Scar..." The half-unconscious woman kept her eyes closed while reaching over and pulling her wife closer to her. "It's too early." She breathed out before finally opening her eyes.