Surpise

A/N: Feelin motivated today so I'm gonna force myself to write as much as I can cause these requests have PILED up man 💀💀.

Request by @luyandask23

  The soft melody of Saint-Saens' "The Swan" floated delicately in the night air creating a peaceful and almost mystical atmosphere that enveloped you and Natasha as you swayed together. Your eyes were closed as you soaked in the feeling of having your red-head love held close in your arms. Natasha's head rested on your shoulder, a small smile playing at her lips.

    Tonight was sadly her last night in Paris meaning this was to be your indefinite last dance. You had made sure to make the most of the day, taking her to one of the posher restaurants in town and going for a walk through the city streets that the two of you were fairly familiar with by now. This past week had been the happiest you had in some time and you weren't exactly ready to let it all end.

    Natasha raised her head and looked up at you after you had heaved a heavier than usual sigh. "What's wrong?" Your eyes peeled open and met her green ones and you couldn't help but smile. It boggled your mind with the effect she had on you.

   "Must you go?" Your question brought a soft frown to Natasha's face. She sighed before shaking her head. "I wish I could stay just as much as you but you and I both know Clint can't keep covering for me for this long." You had completely forgotten about Clint and the thought of him dodging his fellow Avenger's questions.

   You chuckled and rolled your eyes. "Please give my regards to Clinton. I know how...persistent your team can be." You thought back to the time where one very annoying Captain called her persistently after she had left without telling anyone where she was going. She finally got him off her case by coming up with some lie about Director Fury giving her a classified mission.

"They're just looking out for me." She chuckled earning a huff from you. "I'm sure they are, especially that boyfriend of ours." Natasha gave a sharp slap to your chest causing you to let out a loud and genuine laugh.

"He is not my boyfriend."

"Does he know that? Last I checked he called you like "Oh Natasha, are you alright my dear? I am oh so worried for you."

  Nat scoffed at you and pulled away with a wide grin. "One, that's not how Rogers sounds. Two sounds to me like someone's jealous." It was now your turn to scoff. You reached out and took hold of her hand before pulling her back over to you. "You wish," Your freehand went to the small of her back, allowing you to pull her ever closer. "I find it just as amusing as it is annoying."

  Natasha hummed and smirked. "Whatever you say L/N." The two of you continued to sway to the soft rhythm of the music coming from your small speaker. You gazed down at her with adoration written all over your expression.
  Closing your eyes, you let out a soft breath. If tonight was all you had for the foreseeable future then you would make the most of it.

---------------

   It had been about 6 months since the night you shared in Paris and Natasha was missing you dearly. The boys had been driving her crazy with their usual shenanigans and the constant bickering. She had hoped the few solo missions she had been sent on would act as small breaks, but she found nothing helped her unwind quite like you.

  She wanted nothing more than to contact you and arrange your next meeting, she just had one more mission, and then she would be free. Free to be back in your arms.

  Clint caught up with Natasha as she walked towards the briefing room where they were to meet up with Steve. The archer noticed the slight uncharacteristic sag in his friend's shoulders and sighed. "Cheer up Nat, after this one we're all set." Clint patted her shoulder and earned a small smile from the red-head. "Then let's make this one fast."