Somebody Else

A/N: There's no mercy with this one, full angst.

Warnings: Cheating, angst

Things had been off lately.

That's the only way to describe it.

What once used to be longing glances, bright smiles, and loving touches became fleeting looks, smiling when only the others were around, and you reaching for her hand only to have her pull away from you.

It hurt. Truly it did, you had believed that everything was perfectly fine between the two of you. It just sort of happened one day where Natasha just stopped wanting to be around you.

She would avoid you to the point where you could only be slightly suspicious. In front of the rest of the gang she would still stand next to you. She wouldn't touch you but she would be close enough that it still seemed as if she was happy.

If you say next to her during movie nights she would scoot away from you, again, just far away enough to not raise suspicion.

When you tired to talk to her about it she would find a quick excuse to leave or change the subject.

It started to mess with your head. You couldn't figure out where things had gone wrong. Then again maybe nothing was wrong and you were just over thinking. You prided yourself in not being one of those girlfriends who immediately jumped to the worst case scenario. Besides, she still slept with you at night.

And then she began to leave in the middle of the night.

At first, it was only for 10-15 minutes. So you tried to convince yourself that she was just trying to get some air. After all it only happened maybe twice a week. It was nothing to worry about.

But then she started leaving for longer and leaving more frequently.

It got to the point where she would be gone for an hour or two every night. At this point your mind was racing with possibilities, most you didn't know if your heart could handle.

Every time she would leave you would pretend to be asleep but seeing as Natasha was a world class spy who had an eye for when people were faking, you honestly didn't know if she could tell if you were awake or not.

You let it go on for about a month until you couldn't take it anymore. So one night you waited until she got up. It was the same routine. She would get up at 2am and then leave the room. You waited about 15 minutes before getting up yourself.

Quietly, you slipped out of your room and into the hallway. You had no clue where to look next but decided to just keep going. You were walking past rooms when something caught your attention.

You stoped dead in your tracks as you heard it again. A soft giggled coming from inside Bucky's room.

Turing to look at the door you heard a new noise, two in fact. This time there was a deeper, male laugh who you could only assume to be Bucky's and then a moan.

The latter of the two sounds caused your fists to clench and a lump to form in your throat. You would recognize that specific sound anywhere.

Closing your eyes you took a deep breath. "FRIDAY," you called softly. "W-who's in that room?" You felt weak after hearing your own voice waver even if you were just speaking to an A.I.

"Agent Barnes and Agent Romanoff, miss." FRIDAY replied in a somber tone. You let out a shaky breath and looked to the floor.

With your heart racing your turned and quickly walked away.

You ended up at the only place that you knew you could be alone. Walking out to the roof you all but collapsed to the ground in your grief.

3 years. 3 years you had given to that woman and this is how she repaid you. You had given her your heart and soul and in return her and a man you had come to consider a brother betray you.

Tear fell freely now and seeing as you were completely alone you let the loud sobs fall too. Covering your mouth with your hand you stayed there until your sons became soft whimpers and your head was pounding. Slowly you pulled yourself off the ground and looked to the dark night sky.

Not even the stars would shine for you tonight.

Taking a deep breath you walked back to the stairs and back to your shared room. It was 3:30 now. Natasha would be back soon.

Wiping your red and puffy eyes you walked over to your closet and pulled out the bottle of fine brandy you had tucked away. You pulled out a glass that was stored next to it and poured the liquor into it.

The burning sensation took away from the pain.

You began to pack a small bag seeing as you planned to leave right after you had confronted Nat. Honestly you didn't know if you could look her in the eye.

After packing your bag you sat on the edge of your bed, staring into your glass. You didn't even turn when the door opened. You could hear the surprised step back Natasha took when she saw you.

"How long?" Came your soft, horse voice.

"Y/N what are you-"

"How long ago did you fall out of love with me?" You asked cutting her off as you turned and looked into her bright green eyes with a dull stare.

She openly gasped when she looked at the state you were in. You looked completely disheveled, eyes beat red and already brimming with tears.

Her mouth opened and shut before she took a deep breath and looked down. "I-I don't know..." she said softly.

She couldn't look at you any longer. Seeing that she had totally and completely broken your heart hurt her more than she cared to admit. After all, she tried to push you away for this reason.

A cynical chuckle escaped you as you stood up and walked to the door. "I hope the two of you are happy together." Your voice was surprisingly steady as you walked over to her.

Slinging your bag over your shoulder you pushed your hand into your pocket and pulled out a small box. Taking her hand in your free hand you placed the box into hers. "Maybe the two of you will find a use for this." She didn't miss the bite to your tone.

Without another word your brushed past her and walked down the hall without looking back.

Natasha stared at the box, dreading what was on the inside. She slowly opened in with shaky hands and let out a strangled sob.

The diamond that say upon the ring inside only gleamed back.