Ms.Rushman

Watching Tony and Happy go toe to toe in the ring was fairly amusing, it sure beats running around with Happy and harassing innocent workers about the security protocols.

    You had been working for Stark for about two years now and had grown quite close with Tony, Pepper, Happy, and Rhodey. They were an interesting bunch, to say the least, you were just happy to be included.

    "What the hell was that?" Happy asked in voice kin to a whiny teenager. Bouncing side to side on his feet Tony shrugged. "It's mixed martial arts it's been around for...three weeks..."

   "It's called dirty boxing, ain't nothing new about it." Happy snapped back causing you to laugh. "Seems like you gotta get lighter on those feet Hap."

    Sending a glare your way Happy opened his mouth to retort only look away from you in confusion. Your smile fell slightly at his sudden change in demeanor. Turning to follow his gaze with a singular raised eyebrow your gaze fell upon arguably the most beautiful woman you had ever seen in your life. If you hadn't any sense your jaw would have hit the floor.

   Luckily, you still kept your wits about you and instantly relaxed back against the wall once more just in time to receive a lingering once over from the woman in question. Something about the way her deep green eyes quickly traveled along with your form and then back to your fact sent a rush up your spine.

     The woman then walked past you and over to Pepper who you had yet to acknowledge. "I promise this is the only time I'll ask you to sign over your company." It amazed you how sarcasm was second nature to almost everyone in this room, then again having to deal with Tony Stark daily...you figured it had become somewhat of a survival tactic.

   You crossed your arms over your chest and silently observed Pepper and this new mystery woman. You were trying your hardest not to let yourself creep on them but the woman was so alluring to you that you couldn't help but stare. That was until the sound of happy getting his ass beat drew your attention.

   "What's your name lady?" You had to stop the deep eye-roll Tony's bluntness conjured within you. "Rushman, Natalie Rushman." Ah...so that was her name.

   "Front and center." Now you had to interject. "Seriously Tony? She's an assistant." Tony looked over at you and shrugged before holding the rope up for Ms.Rushman to enter the ring. "Doesn't mean she shouldn't be able to fight, especially if she'll be our lovely Ms.Potts' first line of defense."

   "Oh so just fuck my job then." You smiled despite yourself and rolled your eyes when Tony replied with a "Precisely." He then turned to look back at the redhead. "Come on." He urged.

   Stepping into the ring Natalie didn't even bother adding any subtlety to the way she was sizing Tony up. The man continued to drink his chlorophyll water without breaking eye contact. It was like watching two wolves, one of the more dangerous than the other, about to pounce on each other.

   The standoff only lasted a moment longer before Tony stepped out of the ring and walked over to Pepper. From what you could gather of Tony and Pepper's back and forth, Ms.Rushman had a very impressive resume, you'd have to test her with the Latin later. When tuning in to  whatever it was that Happy was saying you pulled a face when you heard something about "Booty-boot camp."

   Next thing you know there's a flash of red hair, a cry for help, and Happy being slammed against the mat with Natalie holding him in a tight chokehold with her...thighs?

   That didn't matter because now you needed to rub that in his face. "Whew, that's what I'm talking about!" You exclaimed before walking over to the ring and leaning against it. Natalie let Happy go before walking out of the ring as nothing had happened.

   Smirking down at Happy, you chuckled. "How's that for Booty-boot camp?" The older man glared at you before stumbling to his feet, clutching his neck.

   "Will that be all Mr.Stark?" Natalie asked, gathering up the paperwork. "That will be all Natalie," Pepper answered for him, knowing what kind of mouth Tony had. With a nod and a smile, Natalie speared you one last glance before leaving your group and disappearing down the hallway.

     "I want one," Tony muttered softly. "That's just too bad because I think I just fell in love." You interjected.

—————————

    You honestly could not wait to get into your apartment and head straight to bed. Happy had you aimlessly running around all day and checking areas that seriously did not need your attention all for the "sake of security" and the "same transition of Pepper to CEO". God the man took his job ridiculously seriously and you thought you were a stickler for the rules.

     Opening your apartment door you looked up at the woman sitting on your couch, going over files. Sighing you closed the door and set your bag down by it. "How come you get off earlier than me? You're the CEO's secretary."

   The redhead looked up at you with her signature smirk. "I got take out." She nodded her head towards the kitchen counter to which you looked at in relief. "Thank God. I figured since my apartment was still intact you hadn't tried cooking."

   Nat glared at you and set her files down before standing up. "Haha, very funny." You walked over to the assortment of Chinese food before grabbing two plates and setting them down next to the food. "Natasha, I love you with all my heart but baby, you can't cook."

   Rolling her eyes she walked over and picked up the second plate you had put out before loading it with food. "I'm Ms.Rushman now, remember Ms.Rivera?" Laughing gleefully at the sound of your code name, you nodded. "Oh, my mistake Natalie. You would think I'd have the hang of this seeing as I've been doing it for the better part of 2 years."

  You set your plate down and walked over to the fridge to grab the two of you something to drink. "I knew Tony Stark was a character but that was something." Humming you shrugged after grabbing two water bottles. "You don't know the half of it, he gets worse."

  Standing up, you walked over to your girlfriend who threw her head back with a soft groan. "Yeah I know, this is going to be like a sitcom with you on staff." Glaring at you despite the smile on her face, Natasha took the water bottle you were now offering to her before taking her plate to the living room.

   You followed after her and frowned when you saw her pick up her files once again. "Aht aht aht." Quickly, you set down your plate and water before snatching the files away from her.

  "Y/N...give that back". Shaking your head vehemently you walked over to the counter and set the papers down. "Knowing you, you already have this file memorized forwards and backward. We haven't been able to just relax with each other in damn near 8 months Natasha. Right now is the perfect time to just sit back and enjoy each other's company."

   You sat down on the couch beside her before wrapping an arm around your waist and pulled her into your side. "I miss my girlfriend." 

  Natasha looked at you with a slight pout before sighing and melting onto your side. "You're right, they keep us apart for wayyyyy too long." Smiling triumphantly you pressed a kiss to her forehead before reaching forward and grabbed the remote off the table. "And now we get to do normal couple stuff despite us being the farthest thing from normal."

  You turned on the TV and settled on Will and Grace re-runs before sitting back and eating together. This was the best you had felt in months because right now there was no SHIELD, there was no mission, there was no Tony Stark, and there was no Iron Man. There was only you and Natasha, just as it should be.