My Way

A/N: More mama!Nat. Readers 16. Y/C/N : your code name

  Double checking that you were able to fit everything into your backpack you sighed softly. Today was the day. You slung your backpack over your shoulder and took one last look around your room before waking out to the kitchen.

  You set your bag down and walked over to the toaster. You had to continue with your morning routine as normal as not to raise suspicion. You were doing good so far, living in a house of spies was hard when you were trying to sneak around. 

"Good morning little widow," Tony called as he walked over to refill what you could only assume was his 7th cup of coffee. "Morning," you eyed him pouring his cup. "Why don't you just get a coffee pot for the lab?" You raised an eyebrow as you bit into your toast.

  He chuckled and patted your shoulder as he walked past. "I need the exercise." You let puff a soft laugh as he retreated down the hallway. Next, to come in we're your mother and Uncle Clint. 

  "Morning sweetheart." Your mother greeted before kissing your cheek and walking to pour her and Clint cups of coffee. "Good morning."

"Sleep well?" Clint asked as usual as he took the fresh coffee from your mother. You shrugged and took a final bite of your toast. "Pretty good I guess." The blonde man smiled and nodded as you grabbed your back and pressed a kiss to your mom's cheek.

"Happy should be downstairs to take me to school, see y'all later." You said before walking to the elevator. "Alright have a good day," Natasha called after you. "Oh and don't forget, movie night tonight!" She reminded just as the doors closed.

"Damn..." you cursed under your breath. You indeed had forgotten it was movie night. Oh well, they'd get over it.

  Arriving at the garage Happy was indeed waiting for you. "Ready Kid?" He asked as you climbed into the backseat. "Let's go." You said with a soft, forced smile, not that he could tell the difference.

It took about 10 minutes to arrive at your school. Happy wished you good luck as always and you waved goodbye. Taking a deep breath you walked into the school and straight to your first period.

  For the rest of the day, you were just going through the motions of class, getting your work done, and chatting with MJ. During lunch, she finally cracked. "What's wrong with you today? You're quiet." Her eyes are narrowed at you.

  You blinked and shook your head brushing her off. "I'm fine MJ, just tired is all." You were lying through your teeth. She opened her mouth but you cut her off. "Please MJ, I live with a bunch of spies, the last thing I need is to be interrogated at school."

  She put her hands up in mock surrender and shrugged. "Alright, if you say so." From then on conversation flowed easily. Good, bullet dodged.

By the end of the day, you walked to your locker where you had been storing everything. For that past month, you had been bringing stuff to school slowly but surely and stored it in your locker. Now you were grabbing the bags you had brought and slinging them over your shoulder. You switched hoodies and pulled your phone out of your bag.

Taking a deep breath you took your phone out of your pocket and sighed. You then erased all data and set it in the now empty locker. You pulled the hood over your head and picked up your second bag before heading to one of the back entrances of the school.

  You couldn't slip out the front in fear that Happy would spot you. You walked out of the school without anyone noticing and down a side street. You had already mapped out your route and commuted it to memory, you knew where to go. You walked with purpose but still kept your head down. It would be far too risky to walk with your head completely lowered or with you constantly peering over your shoulder.