Til Death Do Us Part

A/N: found this song today and this story popped into my head. Let's call this ending #1 or the less complicated ending. I'll post a more complicated one in a minute.

Song: Til Death Do Us Part - Kait Weston

You gave me wings to fly

The sky was a dull grey, it matched how Natasha felt perfectly. There was a dull ache in her heart that was only beginning to grow and despite all her training, she wasn't able to keep it hidden anymore.

And our love was lost and disguised

With all that was happening with the loss of her friends and the world in complete chaos, she needed an escape. She had initially gone out in search of Barton but when she found the homestead empty, she knew it was hopeless.

They were gone, all of them.

You pulled off this happy weight

So here she was, walking down this all too familiar path. She used to come to this lonely land all the time, she couldn't keep herself away from it. You had always drawn her in like a magnet.

Despite not coming here as much in recent years she didn't need to pay attention to where she was going, her feet would lead the way. For the first time in her life, Natasha allowed her guard to fall. She didn't see any reason to be on edge when half the universe disappeared into thin air. The real threat had already done all the damage he could.

You rest upon her fate
You gave me wings to fly

No matter how many times she made this walk over the years it still felt surreal. It felt wrong. You shouldn't be here, no one should. This place was cold and unforgiving when you were nothing but warm and kind. You were the light of her life and somehow you had ended up in such a dark place. It made Natasha sick to her stomach at the very thought.

It was too late to go back and change the past, however. What's done is done and now you all had to deal with the consequences. Still, she wished more than anything that she could have you back by her side, she needed you now more than ever. But after what had happened on that mission, none of you would ever be the same.

Just be still
I'll carry your will
They'll never keep us apart

Natasha felt the weight of this dark place coming down over her. Between that and the heavy loos of her friends already upon her, she couldn't help the tears that silently rolled down her face.

And bury me deep
My love is Your's to keep
Til death do us part

Natasha's breath hitched in her throat when she laid eyes on you. She had initially planned out some sarcastic remark as a greet just like she always had but today her words fell short. Instead, when she opened her mouth a strangled cry fell from her lips followed by more sad sobs.

You had already been her shoulder to cry on and even now, that had never changed.

I'll see you soon
Til death do us part

——————————

It had been five years since the Snap. Natasha had completely thrown herself into finding a way to get her family back. She made more visits to see you. She needed the emotional support that only you could provide and even if you couldn't come to the tower, she would always come to you.

Far apart wanting you close
So many lies that were told
Sleeplessly dreaming of

When they finally figured out a way to get everyone back she couldn't wait to tell you. The first thing she did was jump into a car and raced to your meeting place.