Stars

A/N: Back again

Prompts:

9: "The stars look especially lovely tonight."

18: "I want to hear you sing."

   Your eyes lazily scanned the dazzling night sky. You would never get tired of stargazing, you could do it for hours on end without even the thought of growing bored. The stars had always been captivating to you. The way they were always there, even with the changing seasons and their own cycles, the stars would always be the stars.

   When you were first allowed to drive on your own you would constantly take the car out to a quiet spot and just sit in front of it, eyes trained on the sky. All your worries would immediately wash away and a pure sense of calm would fall upon you. Everything was right with the world when it was just you and the stars.

  Moving to the city had made that far more difficult seeing as the only stars you would see where celebrities and those who worked on Broadway. When things got stressful, which was a common occurrence as a high ranking SHIELD agent and more behind the scenes Avenger, you tried to find new coping mechanisms. Switching from coffee to tea, taking your anger out on some poor punching bag in the gym, meditating, extra long cuddle sessions with Natasha, nothing worked like star gazing. Although, having Natasha in your arms safe and sound or vise versa did work wonders for you.

   One late night you just couldn't take it any longer. You and Natasha had both been going over the latest stack of paperwork after a recent mission when you burst up from your seat and grabbed your keys. "Where are you going?" Nat asked, her eyebrow quirked in confusion. "For a drive, come with?"

    Natasha gave you a skeptical look, she had never seen you so anxious before. It was clear you needed a break and she was more than happy with the idea of you being willing to share whatever that release was with her.

   Soon you two found yourself driving out of the city, much to Nat's confusion. "Where are we going?" She asked, looking over at you with her about her questioning smirk. You merely shrugged and smiled at her. "You'll see, just sit back and relax love." Yin all honesty you didn't know where exactly it was that you were going, you simply planned on driving until you found a spot that felt right. Nat chuckled and shook her head before reclining her seat and leaning back. "Whatever you say, L/N."

  You did eventually find the perfect spot in a darkened park an hour or two away from the city.

    And that's how you found yourself in your current situation, eyes trained to the sky watching every slight shimmer and twinkle the stars had to offer. "The stars look especially lovely tonight." With a hum you nodded, your eyes not once leaving the sky. "They are." A scoff like a laugh drew you from your thoughts. Turning your head your eyes fell upon Natasha's wide smile. "That was your cue to say that while gazing at me lovingly so we could have a little cheesy romantic moment." A small blush rose onto your cheeks. "Sorry, my love but you always look beautiful." With a smirk and a nod, Natasha turned so that she was laying on her side, fully facing you. "Much better." She teased.

     You gazed at her for a few more moments, a fond smile on your face before looking back to the sky. "When I was younger I would find spots like these and just relax with the stars," Your smile grew as you looked back on all those memories. "Sometimes I would sing out into the night."

"I want to hear you sing."

    Your eyes quickly flicked to Natasha's hoping she was joking. Much to your dismay, you could tell she was completely serious. "I...well I haven't done it in quite some time" Your voice was sheepish. Nat scooted closer to you and placed a comforting hand on your cheek, your eyes instantly slipped shut at the gentle pressure. "Y/N, it's just us моя любовь. I won't judge you and it will stay between us." Your eyes fluttered open instantly locking with Natasha's green orbs. You looked deep into them finding nothing but raw love and adoration. "Alright." You whispered before slowly sitting up.

     Clearing your throat you took a deep breath before closing your eyes and starting your soft melody. Admittedly it was a sad song that carried a heavy sense of the own sorrow you held in your heart. The world around you slowly began to fall away with every note and lyric. When you opened your eyes they were slightly glazed over as if you were in your own peaceful trance. You could feel all the pent up stress completely leaving your body. By the end of the song, your body was completely slacked and relaxed, your eyes dropping slightly.

   A small sniffle from beside you drew your attention to the redhead. Your eyes widened at the sight of the tears rolling down her cheeks. Instantly you gently reached out and cupped her cheeks. "Baby what's wrong?" Your eyes darted across her face as your thumbs wiped away some of her tears.

   Natasha's hands came up and gently grasped your wrists. "That was so beautiful, моя любовь." She whispered before leaning in and pressing a soft kiss to your lips. "Thank you for sharing this with me, all of this." You nodded and leaned your forehead against hers. "I want to share everything with you, Natasha, from now on I want to share everything I am with you." A wide grin that rivaled the stars themselves rose onto her face. "I'm yours for as long as you'll have me."

"I'll always need you, Natasha."