Forever

Natasha Romanoff x reader

A/N: this is gonna be a legitimate song fic even though 8 times outta 10 my fics are based on songs even if I don't write the lyrics

Summary: you never said you'd die together

Song: Forever by Lewis Capaldi 

Caught me off guard
I wish that I'd been sober

It was a pretty standard mission. Get in, get the information, get out, blow the place to hell.

Still, here we are
Back in Hanover 99

You had gone over the plan 100s of times in your head. There was no possible way anything could go wrong.

Just like
Old times

You were finishing up clearing your side of the HYDRA base with Bucky and Wanda. Your trio had taken the West wing while Nat, Clint, and Steve had taken the East.

Tony, Bruce, and Sam were dealing with the soldiers outside.

Under the exit lights as beautiful as ever
I really wish that I dressed up a little better

"How you holdin up there L/N?" Bucky asked as he made his way over to you as you set the charges.

"Pretty good, now piss off so I don't accidentally blow us all up." You said with a playful grin, your eyes never leaving the charge you were carefully setting.

No regrets is what we said
We can't go back again

Darlin'

"Is that a threat?" Wanda asked equally as playfully as she watched your 6.

"It's gonna be a promise in a minute." You quipped.

"Now children, haven't we leaned not to upset the person holding bombs?" Tony asked over the coms earning a chuckle from you.

Nobody said that it would last forever
That doesn't mean we didn't try to get there

"Don't worry your pretty little head, Tony. You're not currently in the blast zone." You said as you stood up and signaled for your partners to follow you down the hallway.

"Yes but just imagine the paperwork I'll have to fill out of you blew 2/3 of the team up." You had to refrain from rolling your eyes at his response.

I never said that we would die together
That doesn't mean it was a lie

Remember

"Focus up guys. We still have to extract the information." Steve's voice chimed in over the coms.

"Always the life of the party, aren't we Steve?" The familiar voice of your girlfriend husked. You could tell she was fighting someone from the soft grunt she let out directly after then statement.

Nobody said that it would last forever

"Just making sure our heads are in the game." He responded cooly in his Captain America voice.

"I'd sure hope so, I've snapped three necks so far." Bucky snorted causing you to let out a laugh.

Head in my hands, cold coffee on the table
Wish you the best, I would if I was able

Rounding the corner you were greeted with about 7 soldiers.

Jumping into action Wanda used her powers to disarm them as you and Bucky got to work taking them down two at a time.