Parents' Visit

A/N: IM ALIVE. Sorry for the long ass pause I took there, I haven't had much inspiration to write but I've started working on all those requests again and have a bunch more chapters that I'll release once I get these requests done.

Prompts:

42: "My parents are coming over in 10 minutes so please put some clothes on."

"Alright...okay breathe Y/N, everything is perfect." Looking around the room that you had spent the last half hour cleaning you took a deep breath and nodded to yourself. Everything was perfect.

You walked to the kitchen to check on the small brunch you were making. Humming softly you checked and double-checked that everything was to your liking. Today had to be perfect.

Walking to your bedroom you damn near jumped out of your skin. "Nat!" The redhead's eyes snapped to you, eyes wide with confusion. "What? What is it?"

Looking over at the clock you looked back to her with slight panic in your eyes. They scanned over your girlfriend who was clad in an old oversized band tee she had stolen from you some time ago and a pair of old shorts. On just about any other day you would find her extremely attractive in your clothes but today was not one of those days.

"Baby, my parents will be here in 10 minutes so please put some clothes on." Natasha instantly sprung into action which surprised you. There was no witty remark or sly comment from her as she raced around the room to get herself ready.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" She zipped into the bathroom once she had gathered everything she needed. "I'm sorry love, I was cleaning the house." You called in an apologetic voice.

Walking over to the full-length mirror, you smoothed out your button-down and sighed. Pausing you began to fiddle with the first few buttons of your shirt, trying to get it to look just right.

Nat poked her head out of the bathroom and gave you a questioning look. "Why are you so nervous, they raised you." Sighing heavily you turned to her with a slightly worried look. "I know and I love my parents it's just...this is the first time I'll have seen them since I'd gotten word that dad was transitioning."

Natasha's gaze on you softened. A small smile tugged at her lips as she approached you before she wrapped her arms around you. "Y/N, you've already completely and wholeheartedly accepted him. I'm sure that's all he wants."

"I know Nat but I can't help but feel like he thinks I rejected him. I mean right after I got word about his coming out we had to leave to go on that undercover mission," sighing you closed your eyes and leaned into her embrace. "I just want everything to be perfect so that he knows I didn't leave because of him."

Nat rubbed your back soothingly and your body fully relaxed into him. "Y/N, you've done everything you can to make today perfect, don't let your guilt ruin it, yeah?" Pulling back she placed a kiss on your cheek before looking into your eyes. "Everything will be fine."

—————————

The knock on your front door nearly sent you flying three feet in the air. "They're here." You croaked out to Natasha. Humming she nodded. "They are...you gonna let them in?"

Blinking yourself out of your slight trance you looked to your girlfriend before looking at the front door. You were cautious in your approach as if there were Hydra operatives just beyond the door and not the two people who loved you the most in the world.

You wrapped your hand around the doorknob and unlocked it. Looking back to Natasha one last time like a child looking to their mother for approval you took a deep breath. "Here we go..."

Pulling open the door there stood your mother and father. Your mother's smile was bright and warm just as it had always been. She instantly pulled you into a tight hug. "There she is!" She exclaimed.

You returned her hug with a wide smile. "Hey, mom." Her embrace felt so familiar and made you feel incredibly loved, it was just what you needed to calm down.

She pulled away before looking over her shoulder at her husband and then back at you. Your father's eyes flicked from hers to yours holding the same nervousness you had yourself.

Stepping away from your mother you stood in front of your dad and took a good look at him. The testosterone had certainly done its job. He looked amazing. His once long sandy blonde hair was cut short and styled quite nicely. He had a beard as well that was similarly nicely trimmed. His shoulders were broader and overall he was more muscular.

"Dad, you clean up nice." The man's eyes completely lit up at your comment, making your heart flutter a bit. Without warning, he surged forward and pulled you into a tight hug. "I missed you, baby girl."

The rasp in his now much deeper voice caught you off guard a bit but you found you quite liked it. Hugging him tightly you smiled. "I missed you too daddy."

Pulling away from you he looked into your eyes, tears in his own. "I...you don't know how long I've wanted to hear you call me that." Fighting back your tears you chuckled. "We'll get used to it old man, cause you are and always have been my father. That's never changing."

Wiping his eyes the man looked over your shoulder at Natasha who greeted him before she was pulled into a hug similar to the one he had given you.

Once greetings were over you all went inside to eat. Conversation picked up a nice flow as you all talked about everything you could think of. From you and Nat's work to your father's transition, every topic keeping bright smiles on your faces.

Amongst all the laughter and smiles, one stood out to you. Your dad's was wider and brighter than you could recall it ever being in your entire life. Your father had always been a happy and encouraging person but now you could see that he was truly happy.

There with his wife and daughter still by his side he was now the best he could possibly be and that was enough for you.